• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bradford Interchange - 16 Sep-21 Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshman

Established Member
I know it's looking ahead a bit, but does anyone know what is planned in the Bradford Interchange area on Sundays during the above dates?

There are buses planned from Leeds-Bradford-Huddersfield; Manchester trains starting at Halifax; the York-Blackpools going via Dewsbury, and GC doing some very interesting things!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JohnB57

This from one of the local timetables, in case you haven't seen it whilst browsing.

"On Sundays between 16 September and 21 October 2012 due to engineering work between Bradford Interchange and Halifax, train services between Leeds and Bradford Interchange will be revised. A separate leaflet will be available nearer the time that includes details of all revised train and bus services."​

Not very specific or helpful but it sounds like general engineering work.

87019Chris

I know it's looking ahead a bit, but does anyone know what is planned in the Bradford Interchange area on Sundays during the above dates?

There are buses planned from Leeds-Bradford-Huddersfield; Manchester trains starting at Halifax; the York-Blackpools going via Dewsbury, and GC doing some very interesting things!

Just what are GC doing?

Welshman

Established Member
Edit:-

I note now from the WYMetro website that this work has been postponed - whatever it was!

Ploughman

Established Member
If things haven't changed too much in the last couple of years that period would be the regular weekend possession allowed on the Standedge line.
It was not normally permitted to close both routes at the same time as the Hebden Bridge route is the divert route.

I realise that Hebden Br can still be reached via Greetland and still miss Bradford.

Anvil1984

Established Member
TPE don't sign via Bradford anymore in any case. so the Elland route is their only way to the Calder Valley line.

Status
Not open for further replies.