• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bradford to Hull Anytime Return Information [New to train use]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatTrain

Hello forum,

I'm posting for any help with information on a anytime return ticket. I am going to bradford from hull and the off peak for 2 adults at the cheapest for there and back is £87 (roughly) but the anytime ticket lowers it to £63 for two adults and there and back again, am I missing something? It's cheaper to return anytime than on a certain time, or is this correct. Sorry for asking, this will be the first time I travel by train with myself and partner, all replies would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tony_mac

Established Member
an off-peak return is £25.80 each, an Anytime return is £31.30 each.

I can't see where the £87 might come from, as it's obviously not correct.

lyesbkz

Good morning and welcome to the forum (and the railways!)

I've had a look and find that the fare for 2 adults travelling from Hull to Bradford should be one of the following:

The Anytime Return is £62.60 for two adults (sounds right!)
The Off-Peak Return is £51.60 for two adults
And the Off-Peak Day Return (for returning on the same day) would be £43.80 for 2 adults

I think I can see what happened - £87.20 would be the result of purchasing 2 single tickets each instead of a return. Make sure you select the Off-Peak Return option (if you let me know which website you're using I can help if you can't find the option!)

BatTrain

Good morning and welcome to the forum (and the railways!)

I've had a look and find that the fare for 2 adults travelling from Hull to Bradford should be one of the following:

The Anytime Return is £62.60 for two adults (sounds right!)
The Off-Peak Return is £51.60 for two adults
And the Off-Peak Day Return (for returning on the same day) would be £43.80 for 2 adults

I think I can see what happened - £87.20 would be the result of purchasing 2 single tickets each instead of a return. Make sure you select the Off-Peak Return option (if you let me know which website you're using I can help if you can't find the option!)

you were right, it was the cheapest standard single i selected and now ive just clicked the off peak return (as this is our first time on a train and Leeds is a big station compared to Hull's we don't want to miss the train so if we do we're safe), so it's a total of £51.60p

Thank you for pointing this error out to me otherwise id of paid more when i needn't to.

tony_mac

Established Member
Do you know that you can just buy these tickets at the station when you arrive for your train?

The problem with buying in advance is that if you want to change your plans - like going on a different day - then you will probably have to pay an admin fee (usually £10 per ticket).

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you want to get your costs down you could consider splitting your tickets at Leeds. You can often get cheap advance tickets from Hull to Leeds, and Leeds to Bradford tickets are inexpensive on the day. It would restrict you to one train between Hull and Leeds but it depends whether you are looking for a low price or flexibility.

BatTrain

Do you know that you can just buy these tickets at the station when you arrive for your train?

The problem with buying in advance is that if you want to change your plans - like going on a different day - then you will probably have to pay an admin fee (usually £10 per ticket).

Ive booked IMAX cinema tickets for a specific date and time so it's standing the date, we've planned it for over a month so we don't need to change plans:)

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Ive booked IMAX cinema tickets for a specific date and time so it's standing the date, we've planned it for over a month so we don't need to change plans:)

Still, there's not really any advantage in buying online in advance. You'll still have to queue up at the machine to collect the tickets (unless you get them posted, in which case make sure you buy from a site which doesn't charge postage as many now do).

Oh, and promise you're not using Thetrainline :lol:!

BatTrain

Still, there's not really any advantage in buying online in advance. You'll still have to queue up at the machine to collect the tickets (unless you get them posted, in which case make sure you buy from a site which doesn't charge postage as many now do).

Oh, and promise you're not using Thetrainline :lol:!

We have booked the tickets online from official site hulltrains.co.uk and have got free first class postage:)

34D

Established Member
We have booked the tickets online from official site hulltrains.co.uk and have got free first class postage:)

Well done sir. Hope you enjoy your train trip.

Changing at Leeds is a lot simpler than it may appear (!). There are two different lines to Bradford - one line to Bradford Interchange (which is nearer to the media museum) and the other to Bradford Forster Square.

The destination of the trains through Bradford Interchange will be either Blackpool, Manchester Victoria or Brighouse, but there will be many members of staff around to offer assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.