• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of Journey at Bedwyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to go from Newbury - Bedwyn, then return from Pewsey to Newbury. Would a CDR from Newbury to Pewsey be valid even though there are no direct trains from Bedwayn to Pewsey, ie. it is not really practical to have a break of journey even though the station is on the same line of route? Or does it have to be an SDS from Newbury - Bedwyn, with a Network Card, and an SVS from Bedwyn-Newbury?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
The restriction code for the £8.40 cheap day return is L5 which does not include any restrictions on the passenger's rights to break their journey and/or start/stop short. So as already said, what is proposed is fine. But the ticket is not valid for departures from Newbury at times that are after 0429 and before 0850.

Also, two evening trains call at Newbury, Bedwyn & Pewsey (and one early morning train calls at Pewsey, Bedwyn & Newbury) so when alighting at Bedwyn it could be with a view to returning to catch one of those later trains to Pewsey (and then returning to Newbury on the last train).

Thanks for your responses. I am planning on travelling at weekends, so the break of journey is more theoretical than practical. My real concern here is that, since the 165 services from Reading are DOO with no conductor, the only inspection is likely to be a GW revenue protection guy some of whom seem to be trained with the 'shoot first, ask questions later' approach!

Status
Not open for further replies.