• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of Journey Newcastle [NCL] - Liverpool Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenoxid

Established Member
I have a journey planned for a collaeague which involves doing Newcastle to Liverpool one day, Liverpool to Leeds the day after and Leeds to Newcastle the day after that.

I plan to purchase an Off Peak Return (with YP) for the colleague. East Coast states that Break of Journey applies. Can someone check that this is the case.

East Coast states the below
Break of journey: A break of journey is allowed on the outward portion unless otherwise indicated by a restriction shown against the ticket's Restriction Code and is allowed on the return portion of your ticket.

Are the railways the only industry that charges for access to its terms and conditions?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

All Line Rover

Established Member
The railways do not charge for access to this information. :)

You can find it here on the National Rail Enquiries website, albeit in a slightly obscure location. The specific validity code for this ticket does not mention a Break of Journey restriction, so having a Break of Journey is not prohibited for this ticket. :)

calc7

Established Member
Use brfares.com to query the ticket database.

I assume the ticket is this one

You will therefore see that no restriction on break of journey applies.

In any instance, break of journey is always permitted on the return portion of Off-Peak Returns (SVRs) and on all types of Anytime ticket.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Are the railways the only industry that charges for access to its terms and conditions?
The railways do not charge for access to this information. :)
I wonder if we might be referring to different 'information' here?

There certainly is fares data (includng prices and conditions) which is made available to the public, but at a cost.
There are Terms and Conditions which prohibit the replication or disclosure of those Terms and Conditions.
There is data which would be helpful to many passengers in planning or monitoring their journey which is not available to them or those that they will meet, despite access to such data enabling passengers to avert many journey failures.

I expect that there are other industries whose lack of transparency is comparable. Three that come to mind are National Defence, the mechanics of the National Lottery, emergency response strategies.

But yes, your colleague may break their return journey with impunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.