• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of journey on Anytime ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJamesBrown

I've always been under the impression that a Break of journey (BoJ) was always permitted on an anytime ticket. This is based on this page for example

However looking at the conditions for a ticket I'm using today it states that a BoJ is not permitted. Has this changed recently or is it one of those wierd ticket anomalies that we seem to have?

Screenshot_20190119-122707.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
It's wrong, all Anytime tickets permit Break of Journey with the exception of SailRail (which I don't think are sold as actual Anytimes any more but a different ticket type, so don't cause an actual issue if so).

The mind boggles as to how the railway manages to get something so basic wrong.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I've always been under the impression that a Break of journey (BoJ) was always permitted on an anytime ticket. This is based on this page for example

However looking at the conditions for a ticket I'm using today it states that a BoJ is not permitted. Has this changed recently or is it one of those wierd ticket anomalies that we seem to have?

View attachment 58128
That page is utterly, utterly wrong. The confusion has arisen because not all apps are yet built to be compatible with breaking your journey on an m or e-ticket - some make the ticket disappear if you don't activate it by a certain time (well before the expiration of the ticket), others mark it as "used" even where you haven't finished the journey, and so on.

Break of journey is, as per the National Rail page you linked to, permitted on all Anytime tickets. It's very disappointing, but not at all surprising, that this thoroughly misleading message has been displayed.

MrJamesBrown

Well they know about it now.
Wonder how long it will take to fix. Not going to hold my breath Screenshot_20190119-125102.png

Status
Not open for further replies.