Break of Journey on Super Off Peak

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by RYS, 29 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RYS

RYS Member

Hello all. I've asked the firstcc twitter feed but strangely it doesn't seem to be active today, so I'm hoping you guys can help with this query. I just need to know, am I allowed to make a break of journey at Potters Bar on a Royston to London Terminals Super off peak single for travel today? I've searched around for the answer the best I can, but the National Rail website basically just says "it depends - phone this expensive phone number to check".

Thanks.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Is it "made clear" that BOJ is not permitted? If the answer is "no", then according to the Conditions of Carriage, you can break your journey.

However, to find out what the exact rules are for a specific flow, the restriction text needs to be looked up and National Rail Enquiries, or any station, should be able to look this up on request.

The restriction text for a Royston to London Terminals Super Off Peak Single ticket is as follows:

So, yes you can.

Note that you do not need to look this up for Anytime tickets, as Anytime tickets always permit break of journey. (Source: National Rail Enquiries). Also the return portion of Off Peak Returns, also always permit break of journey (Source: The Manual). (Any small print that denies BOJ on any ticket in the Anytime category, or on the return portion of Off Peak tickets, is unenforceable IMO)

4. RYS

RYS Member

Excellent, thanks Yorkie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.