• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn72

In 2nd July I have an advance ticket from Grantham to Skipton. The 0744 Grantham to Leeds train has a seat reservation but do I have to stick to the unreserved 0917 Leeds to Skipton Northern service as per the itinerary or can I make my way to Skipton later in the day. Also, can I break the journey en route between Leeds and Skipton??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In 2nd July I have an advance ticket from Grantham to Skipton. The 0744 Grantham to Leeds train has a seat reservation but do I have to stick to the unreserved 0917 Leeds to Skipton Northern service as per the itinerary or can I make my way to Skipton later in the day. Also, can I break the journey en route between Leeds and Skipton??
You are not permitted to break your journey on an Advance ticket.

You can take any "appropriate" connecting train between Leeds and Skipton.

You could have a meal within Leeds station (e.g. at the Wetherspoons pub) as you aren't breaking your journey if you do not exit the station, however if you spent too long doing this, your onward service may not be deemed "appropriate"

See https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=break+of+journey+site:www.railforums.co.uk for many other threads on this subject (the most recent was only last week).

Status
Not open for further replies.