Brentwood to Z1 via Shenfield post tfl takeover

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by sproot, 26 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sproot

sproot New Member

Hi

Searched all over for this information, can't really believe it's so hard (read impossible) to find:

Currently, with a rail ticket and *I believe* also with an Oyster, I can go from Brentwood to Liverpool St via Shenfield. There used to be a separate ticket which allowed going via Shenfield but it was scrapped and station publicity announced that all tickets from Brentwood included via Shenfield.

I asked at Brentwood ticket office what would happen to this arrangement after tfl take over the route and was told that it would no longer be possible, tickets would only be valid on the Metro service, not on Greater Anglia to Shenfield.

My question is this: Why can't I do this with an Oyster? Greater Anglia still accept Oyster to Shenfield, it's also valid between Shenfield and Brentwood. The only issue I can see is that there are no pink route validators at Shenfield, so there's no way to distinguish between direct from Liverpool St and via Shenfield.

I still find it hard to believe that there's no information about it at Brentwood.

2. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

PM me with details of this, as if this is who I think it is, she is often wrong.<(

Either way, I think you need to complain about this incorrect info.
    You can.
    Yes.
    Pink readers are to get a cheaper fare. It would not make sense to install pink readers at Shenfield. You are allowed to travel via Shenfield at no additional cost, but they are not going to make it cheaper.;)

3. sproot

sproot New Member

Not enough posts to do that, but there are only two female staff there now and it wasn't the younger one ;)

That's great news! I guess there's no reason not to use an Oyster, since it's cheaper than the rail fare anyway, and it's apparently going down :o

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.