• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Bridging" ticket with another ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddington

It has been suggested on previous threads that with Northern free tickets, for example if you wrote the journey as Nottingham to Newcastle, you could buy a separate ticket on TPE from York to Darlington then resume travelling on Northern, instead of going the long way round.

I was wondering if this sort of thing can ever be valid with normal tickets? Suppose you had a WMT/LNWR only ticket from Euston to Stafford. I don't see why you couldn't buy a ticket on VT from Rugby to Tamworth and not use the main ticket between those stations.

But could you travel to Nuneaton, buy a separate ticket on XC to Birmingham then resume there on the main ticket?

If doing this is not valid for this specific scenario, perhaps someone can think of a situation where it would be valid?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It has been suggested on previous threads that with Northern free tickets, for example if you wrote the journey as Nottingham to Newcastle, you could buy a separate ticket on TPE from York to Darlington then resume travelling on Northern, instead of going the long way round.

I was wondering if this sort of thing can ever be valid with normal tickets? Suppose you had a WMT/LNWR only ticket from Euston to Stafford. I don't see why you couldn't buy a ticket on VT from Rugby to Tamworth and not use the main ticket between those stations.

But could you travel to Nuneaton, buy a separate ticket on XC to Birmingham then resume there on the main ticket?
If there is a permitted route* that allows travel via Nuneaton and Birmingham, then yes.

* Edit: just checked and EUS-NUN-BHM-STA is valid on map SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.