• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bridlington relaying/resignalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just before the start of lockdown the excursion platforms were demolished.

Does anyone have a schedule or WON for the trackworks planned in January/February ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Some work seems to be starting overnight this week and there is supposed to be a blockade 21 February for nine days.
Are more details available?

Ploughman

Established Member
When I was involved in the relays around 2000 - 2008 we had Engineering train moves via Hull and also Seamer with nearly all originating at Doncaster. I recall we worked it out that we needed 60 crossings manning out of normal hours on some shifts.
You might get some more detail off RTT.

wallan

When I was involved in the relays around 2000 - 2008 we had Engineering train moves via Hull and also Seamer with nearly all originating at Doncaster. I recall we worked it out that we needed 60 crossings manning out of normal hours on some shifts.
You might get some more detail off RTT.
Some work seems to be starting overnight this week and there is supposed to be a blockade 21 February for nine days.
Are more details available?
Have the changes take place

The excursion platform is part demolished and new location cases have been installed. The date of the major work seems to have slipped. Perhaps someone knows more?

mike57

Established Member
There have been works in the vacinity of Bempton station this weekend, now over running with no trains scheduled until 11am ish. Track replacement by the looks of it, but I am not sure if anyelse is being done at the same time

Brush 4

Are the stabling loops south of the station being retained? Without them and the demolition of the unused but restorable excursion platform, there will be nowhere for excursions or anything extra.

Trees are growing through the excursion sidings and the excursion platforms are more or less demolished. The up excursion to up main is removed and trains still use the down excursion to access No 6. The four track station throat will disappear.
In the new plan, apparently, the down and up will be relayed with a crossover south of Bessingby bridge and a turnout to No 6. The crossover to single line will be the only other point work. 5 point ends in total. Platform 5 will be bi-directional enabling Scarborough trains to use 5. This will also enable passengers to avoid using the footbridge or ramp to cross to No 4.
Work is in hand to fit lifts to the footbridge by 2022.
Other people may have more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.