• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bridnorth Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning, All being well I shall be coming to Bridnorth on a through rail charter in September and I think we have 2-3 hours there. Does anyone know if the Wetherspoons, Sainsburys/Tesco are all within an easy walking distance from the SVR Station and each other. Thank You.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
From Google Earth it looks like it's probably about a 5-10 minute walk from the SVR station to the high street, and if you carry on far enough down the high street you'll see the Sainsburys

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Good morning, All being well I shall be coming to Bridnorth on a through rail charter in September and I think we have 2-3 hours there. Does anyone know if the Wetherspoons, Sainsburys/Tesco are all within an easy walking distance from the SVR Station and each other. Thank You.

Allow approx 10-15 mins to reach Wetherspoons. There is rather a steep climb from the SVR to the town centre.

Dave1987

On Moderation

The Sainsburys is only a small supermarket and the Tesco is a very small Metro. The Wetherspoons is right at the end of the high street near the North Gate. As PHILIPE says its a very steep hill from the SVR bridge to the town centre. On your way to Wetherspoons you will have passed some other fantastic pubs with very good food. For example the Old Castle and Shakespeares both do very good grub and decent beer.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

There is a perfectly good pub at the svr station -no need to go to weathers

Last edited:

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Isnt there a footbridge from the station to the High Town?

Thank you for your replies, it is about 15 years I think since I was in Bridnorth so there may have been changes, although I think I do remember the foot bridge you mention.

cactustwirly

Established Member
There are a few pubs on the high street in high town, and they probably have a better ambience than a spoon

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
The footbridge doesn't go to the high town.

I did my trip hauled by Tornado from London to Bridnorth, all went
very well really. When in Bridnorth, I did find the foot bridge, very easy as it is right opposite the ticket office entrance/exit, it is quite long and ends with flight of steps to the right going down and to the left on a main road with a slight incline going up to the high town. It only took me 7 minutes from exiting the station to reach the shops in the main street. As it was a bit late when I got there some of the places seemed to be stopping food at 3pm, so I did go the Wetherspons which was fine. If I go there again and a bit earlier, then I would try out some of the pubs mentioned, there did seem to be a fair few and they did look good.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I did my trip hauled by Tornado from London to Bridnorth, all went
very well really. When in Bridnorth, I did find the foot bridge, very easy as it is right opposite the ticket office entrance/exit, it is quite long and ends with flight of steps to the right going down and to the left on a main road with a slight incline going up to the high town. It only took me 7 minutes from exiting the station to reach the shops in the main street. As it was a bit late when I got there some of the places seemed to be stopping food at 3pm, so I did go the Wetherspons which was fine. If I go there again and a bit earlier, then I would try out some of the pubs mentioned, there did seem to be a fair few and they did look good.

It's BridGnorth by the way.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Can't believe anyone would willingly walk past the front door of one of the finest (and most reasonably priced) station pubs in the country, and foresakeing a pint of Bathams, to go to a McWetherspoons!

satisnek

Can't believe anyone would willingly walk past the front door of one of the finest (and most reasonably priced) station pubs in the country, and foresakeing a pint of Bathams, to go to a McWetherspoons!

Agree with the first part of your post but Bathams is an overrated sweet shandy.

PS - I'm typing this with a belly full of Everards Tiger ;):D

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member

I did think of going into the station pub at Bridgnorth, but I also wanted a meal and as there was the railtour I thought it may be very crowded in there. I would like to try it on a quieter day.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It's BridGnorth by the way.

Ahem, sorry, just seeing how alert everyone was! (Perhaps I had better write it out 100 times.) :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.