• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton-Bournemouth via Portsmouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonic

Hello,
Is an Off Peak Return from Brighton to Bournemouth valid via Portsmouth (Southsea and/or Harbour) including break of journey there?
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Yes it's valid via Portsmouth (Both Stations) and Valid for BOJ on Outward and Return Portions.

wintonian

Established Member
They are all part of Portsmouth Group. ;)

Doh! I knew that!

It appears I have gotten a little rusty then.

However can someone explain this easement then:

Customers travelling between Chichester and Cosham may double back between Hilsea and Fratton. This easement applies in both directions.

Is this a positive or negitive easement?

Is it extending the valdity of such tickets to allow this or is it preventing going to Portsmouth and back out?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Cosham is a member of Portsmouth Group so if your ticket is Cosham - Chichester then you're not permitted otherwise without the easement to double-back within Portsmouth Group as it is the origin.

So positive double-back easement. You're not allowed to double-back any further.

wintonian

Established Member
Cosham is a member of Portsmouth Group so if your ticket is Cosham - Chichester then you're not permitted otherwise without the easement to double-back within Portsmouth Group as it is the origin.

So positive double-back easement. You're not allowed to double-back any further.

I was thinking about journeys starting from outside the group, but as you say it does benefit those starting at Cosham.

Status
Not open for further replies.