• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton depot - Southern applicants -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sar-dud

Hey, is anyone else here still waiting in the talent pool for Brighton depot after applying in early 2019?

Feels like an incredibly long wait and i'm just checking in to see if this is normal.

Really keen to get cracking.

Kind Regards.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hey, is anyone else here still waiting in the talent pool for Brighton depot after applying in early 2019?

Feels like an incredibly long wait and i'm just checking in to see if this is normal.

Kind Regards.
Yeah, I'm one of those still waiting from applying Jan 2019. I know there's usually a long wait and it is tough this waiting game. Fingers crossed soon

joshuan542

Kind Regards.
It’s common that once in the pool you can likely spend many years in it and never be given a position, this happens across all TOC’s and is a weird behaviour

Sar-dud

It’s common that once in the pool you can likely spend many years in it and never be given a position, this happens across all TOC’s and is a weird behaviour
Thank you for your frightening comment sir. I have literally put my life on hold for this job I would be devastated if I wasn't offered a position :)

WrongRoad

Thank you for your frightening comment sir. I have literally put my life on hold for this job I would be devastated if I wasn't offered a position :)
Good luck, hope it works out for you, but do be prepared for bad or no news as we are in very difficult times and rail services looking to be cut 50-60% next week.

jacey

Good luck, hope it works out for you, but do be prepared for bad or no news as we are in very difficult times and rail services looking to be cut 50-60% next week.
Yeah i think the Pandemic has written off 12 to 15 months for most of us waiting. i have been awaiting a dmi for Brighton for a long time. The rail industry is slow at the best of times but during a pandemic its almost in reverse.

Stigy

Established Member
Did Southern say you were guaranteed a position once in the pool? Usually TOCs state that being placed in a talent pool isn’t a guarantee of a job when you’re put in it. I’d certainly not put my life on hold for this job and would apply to other TOCs as and when they recruit, especially in these difficult times.

Status
Not open for further replies.