• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton & Hove Night Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
I've noticed that B&H have recently introduced a far more comprehensive Night Bus network:

http://www.buses.co.uk/travel/night-buses.aspx

Most areas of the city are now within reach of at least one service on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights (Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings), as well as selected locations outside of Brighton as was true before. Services N1, N2 and N5 will now provide a night service to areas on their respective day services' routes, while Services N12 and N29 are improved and Services N69, N96, N97 and N98 are withdrawn and replaced by a new and far more efficient network. Services N7 and N25 are unaffected and continue to run seven nights a week.

I have to ask though, I know that Brighton is pretty much the de facto capital of the country for clubbing, but you would think that on this evidence other similar locations (Southend springs to mind, and not just because I grew up there!) would be able to run night buses as well.

Still, good on B&H for trying; I hope the new network is a success!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Looks like a good plan. It'd be nice to see some innovation nearer home (I used to be a regular user of nightbuses from Halifax and Leeds in days of yore - the Halifax ones were popular too with standing room only not being uncommon on an 0315 double decker). I'm strangely allegic to paying £50 for a taxi back from Leeds and only a handful of times a year pay the £20 back from Bradford.

Odd use of the phrase "flat fare" on the N12 where there's a flat fare of "£3" or "£4" or "£6". Er, that's not a *flat* fare is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.