• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton & Hove's new Geminis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westcoaster

Established Member
I spotted one yesterday in the metrobus depot between three bridges and gatwick airport. It looked very smart.

I had understood that the Gemini 3 was exclusively for Volvo B5LH and B5TL chassis and although it looks similar to the Gemini 3 the Streetdeck bodied is NOT called Gemini but marketed ass the integral Streetdeck.

David

Robertj21a

On Moderation
I had understood that the Gemini 3 was exclusively for Volvo B5LH and B5TL chassis and although it looks similar to the Gemini 3 the Streetdeck bodied is NOT called Gemini but marketed ass the integral Streetdeck.

David

Yes, that's my understanding too. Brighton & Hove's are Streetdecks, not Gemini 3 as such.

TRN481V

I'm down in Eastbourne for a few days and have used the 12/12A/12X quite a bit. The Streetdecks seem to be very nice buses, visually striking and good to ride on. On the minus side, the pillars at the front corners of the upper deck are very thick, restricting vision and they seem to really struggle on some of the routes' steeper hills, even when lightly loaded. By comparison, the Scania I caught back from Brighton today fairly romped up the hill that a Streetsdeck struggled up yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.