• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton - London Sunday services

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Greetings all,

To aid the creation of a SimSig timetable for the Three Bridges ASC sim - and I apologise if this is a daft question but I have never been through the area so I have no idea - please could someone tell me the following:
- are train formations for services between Gatwick and London Victoria, as well as between Gatwick and Cambridge and between Brighton and London Victoria, are the same on Sundays as the rest of the week? Or are the trains shorter?

- Also what trains operate the services down to Littlehampton?

Also a heads-up- that, on 17th May, Thameslink will, it seems, be running Class 700s to / from London Bridge as a result of engineering works: I am not sure if this is a first for Class 700s.

Cheers,
Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Also a heads-up- that, on 17th May, Thameslink will, it seems, be running Class 700s to / from London Bridge as a result of engineering works: I am not sure if this is a first for Class 700s.

No, absolutely not - platform 13 is spare all day on Saturdays to allow Thameslink diversions into the terminal platforms. Engineering work also sometimes sees Thameslink services terminating and starting back from platform 5.

Moreover, every weekday evening the services which terminate at East Grinstead run back to London Bridge terminal platforms and back to Three Bridges.

700s ran from London Bridge to Brighton basically from introduction in any case.

On your other question, trains are generally pretty much the same length at weekends as during the week. Littlehampton from Thameslink are 12-car 700s. You may be able to find Carriage Working Notices and diagrams on the ukmodernemu io group.

Last edited:

BRblue

Greetings all,

To aid the creation of a SimSig timetable for the Three Bridges ASC sim - and I apologise if this is a daft question but I have never been through the area so I have no idea - please could someone tell me the following:
- are train formations for services between Gatwick and London Victoria, as well as between Gatwick and Cambridge and between Brighton and London Victoria, are the same on Sundays as the rest of the week? Or are the trains shorter?

- Also what trains operate the services down to Littlehampton?

Cheers,
Dave
Littlehampton - London Victoria use 377's in 4, 8 or 12 car formations.
Thameslink only serves Littlehampton Mon - Fri...
05.52, 06.52 and 10.14 departures, 10.03, 18.37 and 19.37 arrivals all 12 cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.