• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton - SOA : Q during engineering/bus replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetf1

My partner sometimes travels brighton-soa at weekends.

Normally this is 'via barnham', but when there is engineering works along the route the bus replacement adds significant time and hassle, so she tends to get the 'not via london' ticket. More expensive but permits changing at clapham.

Am I right in thinking there's no leeway to go via clapham during these typical closures on the barnham route (as above we've paid up for the more pricey ticket on these occasions anyway). I couldn't see anything in the engineering notices for the public but thought it worth asking here.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
My partner sometimes travels brighton-soa at weekends.

Normally this is 'via barnham', but when there is engineering works along the route the bus replacement adds significant time and hassle, so she tends to get the 'not via london' ticket. More expensive but permits changing at clapham.

Am I right in thinking there's no leeway to go via clapham during these typical closures on the barnham route (as above we've paid up for the more pricey ticket on these occasions anyway). I couldn't see anything in the engineering notices for the public but thought it worth asking here.
Unless there is an easement for the engineering works then unfortunately not I’m afraid.

planetf1

That's what I figured. So I guess I should just check that barnham ticket on brfares the day before and see if any easements are added (suspect not)

Status
Not open for further replies.