• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton to become Zone 12 on London Travelcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick W

Established Member
It can't be too difficult to extend the system - just rehire the people who instaleld oyster in the first place and know it in and out...

1D53

Established Member
I'm a firm believer in the Oyster system, if it was my decision all regional PTE style travel would be put on this (West Yorks Metro, NEXUS, GMPTE etc)

Guinness

Established Member

GMPTE has been studying an idea for sometime because of the popularity of Wayfarer tickets. Some bus routes are extremely popular such as 138/192/42 routes and could benefit with an Oyster Scheme to avoid the old dears paying with £10 notes to speed up loading times. Especially on the 192 at Hazel Grove where there is huge congestion already.

Problem is that Buses aren't all standardised as in London e.g. Ticket Machines etc. It would be expensive to implement such a scheme. I would personally like to see the money invested into improvements such as sorting out First....

Status
Not open for further replies.