• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton to Heald Green valid via Sheffield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie365

I've searched for an off peak return Brighton to Heald Green, leaving this Wednesday on NRE.

Heald Green is in the Manchester and Wilmslow groups on the routing map.

I'm being offered a 12:05 that goes St Pancras International - Sheffield - Heald Green

I can't see how that's a valid route.

Brighton to Manchester maps are:
LB+MA LB+MA+NR XB+BM XB+BM+NR

Brighton to Wilmslow maps are:
LB+LC XB+BO

As far as I can see none of those include Sheffield.

Is that a valid route? If so how?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you're travelling via London, you need to use the route code "LONDON" which means look up all the permitted routes from Brighton to London plus all the permitted routes from London to Manchester.

London to Manchester is permitted via Sheffield.

(Even if it wasn't, your ticket would obviously still be valid in conjunction with the itinerary provided)

cookie365

If you're travelling via London, you need to use the route code "LONDON" which means look up all the permitted routes from Brighton to London plus all the permitted routes from London to Manchester.

London to Manchester is permitted via Sheffield.

(Even if it wasn't, your ticket would obviously still be valid in conjunction with the itinerary provided)
Ah, thanks, I didn't realise that, it's allowed by map PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.