• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol (Any)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzy

Can you still get tickets to destinations such as Bristol (Any)? I'm sure I remember the concept but assume it's no longer available. I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Bristol does not have a station group (it was killed off in 1989), though depending on your origin, tickets to Bristol Temple Meads may be valid to Bristol Parkway and v/v.

If you can further clarify what it is you're wanting to do we may be able to offer some creative solutions.

jazzy

Bristol does not have a station group (it was killed off in 1989), though depending on your origin, tickets to Bristol Temple Meads may be valid to Bristol Parkway and v/v.

If you can further clarify what it is you're wanting to do we may be able to offer some creative solutions.
Thanks, I wasn’t buying Bristol tickets that long ago so that must have been a false memory!
I’m looking to go from BRI to PAD on a super off peak in the morning and return the same day to BPW…

Thanks in anticipation!

43 302

Established Member
Thanks, I wasn’t buying Bristol tickets that long ago so that must have been a false memory!
I’m looking to go from BRI to PAD on a super off peak in the morning and return the same day to BPW…

Thanks in anticipation!
Surely a BRI - PAD would be valid via BPW?

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Great, what about a BPW-PAD being used to return to BRI?
I can get itineraries showing this so it is valid. Do note that you would need to make sure you choose your route carefully. For example if you had a Paddington to Bristol Parkway ticket and wished to travel to Temple Meads then you would need to take a service via Bath. What you couldn't do is take a direct service to Parkway and carry on to Temple Meads as your ticket would expire when you reached Parkway.

sonic2009

Established Member
I can get itineraries showing this so it is valid. Do note that you would need to make sure you choose your route carefully. For example if you had a Paddington to Bristol Parkway ticket and wished to travel to Temple Meads then you would need to take a service via Bath. What you couldn't do is take a direct service to Parkway and carry on to Temple Meads as your ticket would expire when you reached Parkway.

Without checking wouldn't a Clifton Down - London Terminals ticket allow travel via BPW or Bath Spa? Same price as BPW - PAD ticket.

The exile

Established Member
Without checking wouldn't a Clifton Down - London Terminals ticket allow travel via BPW or Bath Spa? Same price as BPW - PAD ticket.
Or Filton Abbey Wood? Especially at the moment given the limited ( if any, depending on the day) services going to TemplE Meads?

Status
Not open for further replies.