• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol Barton Hill W.R.D. to Bristol Barton Hill W.R.D light loco via Welsh Valleys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanMorgan

This is my first post on this forum, apologies if this isn't in the right place.

I have a question. What sort of train is this?
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H37252/2016/05/24/advanced

It says it runs from Bristol Barton Hill W.R.D. to Bristol Barton Hill W.R.D, non-stop.

It's runs in the middle of the night, it goes up and down many of the Welsh Valleys. What sort of train is it? Just curious since I've never seen it before.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Sounds very much like one of Network Rails test trains - possibly using 950001. Not sure which one, someone else on here should be able to explain better for you, but it looks very much like that what it should be.

Looks to be a very long shift for the crew on that as well!

Temple Meads

Established Member
That's a path used by RHTTs (Railhead Treatment Trains) that only runs late autumn/early Winter but is kept in the system all year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.