• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol Barton Hill ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barryp39

I'm looking for someone to build me a depot model of Bristol Barton Hill in OO But don't know who or where to ask. Could anyone give me any advice ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I'm looking for someone to build me a depot model of Bristol Barton Hill in OO But don't know who or where to ask. Could anyone give me any advice ?
Your best bet would be to have a look at the small adverts in one of the model railway publications (eg Railway Modeller). I can't recall seeing any offering bespoke buildings, but there are people who will build locos/rolling stock, baseboards etc., so you never know. It might also be worth approaching (and possibly joining) a local model railway club. There will be people there who have all sorts of skills.

Another option is to have a look at some of the kits that are available; it may be possible to do a bit of kit-bashing. Good luck in your search :)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I’ve met people at shows that make layouts as a job.
I guess the questions are: How much do you want to spend, how much space have you got, and how close to the real thing do you want it detail wise?

Looking at this photo from Wikipedia:

5E209077-4CB1-4DEE-BE99-688B1A44D140.jpeg

There are models for sale that could be adapted to make a passable version of the real thing like this one for example:

E965D4BF-5D5E-44D8-B855-5250017C6DBD.jpeg

Peter Kelford

Well you could try White Rose Modelworks, Chris Nevard or any number of similar companies.

If it's just the building, then Paul Bason and Howard Leader spring to mind, there are a plethora of others too.

Barryp39

Good Morning guys, And many thanks for the feedback you have given. My budget is £1000 to spend on just the Building of it no trains i can sort that later its just the base and the track layout and wiring i can place people and all sorts at my own pace but just need something to go on as im no builder or electrician lol

Barryp39

You would not think so but i have email 2 guys and they both said no lol so i will keep going mate

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think that although £1000 sounds like a lot you could easily spend 3 weeks making something like this from scratch.
That’s why I was wondering how detailed you wanted to go, because just to make that depot building from scratch could take a lot of time (I say this as someone who’s modelled a real location recently).

Barryp39

Hi Cowley, No i just need the bored done and the track led and wiring i can do the rest mate

Status
Not open for further replies.