• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol bus tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzug2

What exactly is 'Bristol Buslink?

I was sold a ticket to this destination today rather than the Plus Bus addon to the off peak day return fare that I was expecting. £1.50 extra fare rather than the £3.50 plus bus.

I've found no sign of it on booking sites nor any useful information from a search

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

That seems to be it - though L125 isn't an acceptable destination online

If I used it for multiple journeys then presumably I was exceeding its validity?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That seems to be it - though L125 isn't an acceptable destination online
It won't be.
If I used it for multiple journeys then presumably I was exceeding its validity?
If I recall correctly it's valid on the 8/9 bus only, for a return trip between Temple Meads and Cabot Circus, Broadmead, Tramways Centre, College Green or Clifton Triangle.

ooo

If it is £1.50 extra then you might as well just buy a ticket on the bus as the whole route of the 8&9 is a flat fare of £1.50

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Slightly off topic but can this ticket or plus bus be used from Parkway to the cricket ground? Have non-protected Priv so probably can't use plus bus anyway.

ooo

Slightly off topic but can this ticket or plus bus be used from Parkway to the cricket ground? Have non-protected Priv so probably can't use plus bus anyway.
PlusBus can be used. You want to take the 73 to Nevil Road then its a 5 minute walk

dzug2

Is there any public domain online source that describes this ticket? Otherwise it seems dependent on having to ask for it - or a ticket clerk offering it. In my case seemingly wrongly. Though no bus driver looked at it at all closely

father_jack

Bristol Buslink is (was) an add-on from and to Temple Meads on bus numbers 8 or 9 as far as College Green/bottom of Park Street.

It used to be very competitive but they went mad on the price. it was reported to no avail.......

BTH-BRI CDR= £7.40
BTH- L125 CDR= £10.10
£2.70 extra, 2 singles on bus= £3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.