• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol - Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_walker1804

Evening all,

Got a question/query for you all - hopefully someone may be able to help me out.

I intend on travelling from Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff and return on Fri 23rd June on an Anytime Return with a YP card for a very reasonable £12 return.

Now as it's an Anytime return, I understand that i'm able to break the journey - is that correct? If so, I intend on doing the following with the same on the reverse.

0554 GWR Bristol - Severn Tunnel Junction 0616
0629 ATW Severn Tunnel Junction - Newport 0642
0702 GWR Newport - Cardiff 0717
Is this a valid route?

Apologies for my lack of understanding!

Cheers,
J

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

father_jack

Evening all,

Got a question/query for you all - hopefully someone may be able to help me out.

I intend on travelling from Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff and return on Fri 23rd June on an Anytime Return with a YP card for a very reasonable £12 return.

Now as it's an Anytime return, I understand that i'm able to break the journey - is that correct? If so, I intend on doing the following with the same on the reverse.

0554 GWR Bristol - Severn Tunnel Junction 0616
0629 ATW Severn Tunnel Junction - Newport 0642
0702 GWR Newport - Cardiff 0717
Is this a valid route?

Apologies for my lack of understanding!

Cheers,
J

Totally.

But the Anytime Return (SOR) you refer to is dearer at £13.05 vaild for a month, the ticket you refer to is the Anytime Day return SDR £12.00 minimum fare. A long time back SDR actually wasn't valid for outward break of journey.......

Gareth Marston

Established Member
Totally.

But the Anytime Return (SOR) you refer to is dearer at £13.05 vaild for a month, the ticket you refer to is the Anytime Day return SDR £12.00 minimum fare. A long time back SDR actually wasn't valid for outward break of journey.......

According to BR Fares

VALIDITY
One journey in each direction to be made within
Outward & Return Validity: ON DATE SHOWN

Id say the OP is making one journey from Bristol to Cardiff and compliant. Its making multiple journeys i.e going back and forth the restrictions prevents.

j_walker1804

Totally.

Apologies it's the £11.80 Anytime Day Return i'd be buying but has a £12 minimum fare before 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.