• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Country Independents

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Do First view Bath as a core business?

If First buys Faresaver I'll eat my hat!

Only as a Truronian style defensive purchase but I’m not certain Faresaver fancy selling to anyone.

As for Bath being a core business, in five years it has had new P&R deckers, 7 new e200 for the 13 (as was), 18 Streetlites, 8 new Uni e400 and is getting 8 new Solos plus they effectively removed Rotala, so pretty core I’d suggest.

Just not so good at wielding the paintbrush!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LiftFan

I doubt Faresaver will be sold to anyone... They've been doing very well in business as of recent and have much better passenger experiences than I've heard from any other operator.

Martin2012

Eurotaxis very suprisingly used a 16 seater slam door minibus on the 680 this evening- the reg number was KN60FZY. I managed a ride on it from Yate Station back to Brimsham Park.

Very rare to see a slam door minibus in use on local service work.

This afternoon my work took me to the Brislington area where I saw a rather aged double decker from a company called Arnold Liddell. Does anyone know what vehicle I might be referring to, and what the reg number is? I've seen this a few times on a 435 service which I think is a school bus route.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Eurotaxis very suprisingly used a 16 seater slam door minibus on the 680 this evening- the reg number was KN60FZY. I managed a ride on it from Yate Station back to Brimsham Park.

Very rare to see a slam door minibus in use on local service work.

This afternoon my work took me to the Brislington area where I saw a rather aged double decker from a company called Arnold Liddell. Does anyone know what vehicle I might be referring to, and what the reg number is? I've seen this a few times on a 435 service which I think is a school bus route.

It is a school working https://bustimes.org/services/435-brislington-keysham

Think it's an ex Dublin Bus Olympian and during the day, it sits in the car park of Keynsham rugby club.

Martin2012

Thanks for that interesting info regarding the 435 and the Arnold Liddell decker.

I also saw a coach of theirs yesterday afternoon on a school service. It was an allover red jonckheere deauville.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Seems to be a problem at eastville coaches - only caught the end of the item on ITV local news
I heard on another forum that they have ceased (or are to do so). Not sure if that is true or not though.

Edit (10/04 @ 2305hrs): BBC local news in Bristol has confirmed that this is the case. It is reported that the step was taken after a number of vehicles were not granted new O-Licences.

Dave

Last edited:

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
I knew they were going this month but didn't realise they were gone now.

Eastville had their licence revoked, but they ran under the name of K T Coaches I believe, but I heard last week that their licence was revoked too and operations would be ceasing. Wonder who will have the yellow deckers?

LiftFan

It will be sad, although in this day and age even the older Enviros are starting to be withdrawn or sold to smaller companies, so there won't really be any companies that will want something that looks more at home in 1997.

Marcus Fryer

I had a ride on the 97 this afternoon, and the driver told me that the current vehicle (North Somerset Connect WN17 BFZ, an 11-seater Ford minibus) is not going to be used on the A5. Instead First are supplying a 28-seater. Make of that what you can!