• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Country Independents

New Enviro400MMC A516/YX23OWJ is now in service, in full Bristol Airport branding for the AirDecker.

Interesting in that it's yet to appear at Bristol Airport having only worked the peak time extra that starts at Hengrove.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
Bath Bus Company have sold A506 (BJ11 XGZ) and A507 (BF62 UXU) to Als Coaches and added A515 (YT09 BJY) to the fleet in the new Airdecker livery. It’s int he same style as the Bristol and Weston Airport Flyers. A512 has also been painted and A514 is down at Hants and Dorset trim for paint too.

Registration WX67 LCT was at Hants and Dorset Trim recently, I did not note the fleet number.

lukem

Saw on the transpora enthusiast Facebook page. It's an Enviro 400mmc currently in Manchester for tram replacement but will head down to Bristol after to upgrade capacity on a contract

Last edited:

Callum15632

Ah, didn't realise there were two of them. I think the one I was referring to is YX73 PKC, not PKA but I would hazard a guess that they both will move to Bristol
Don't know for what route? Are transpora in Bristol getting any more routes do you know?

lukem

Don't know for what route? Are transpora in Bristol getting any more routes do you know?
Not sure about any new routes, seems to be just to improve capacity for contracts

Transpora seem to be the contract king in the area so again wouldn't be surprised to see new contracted routes but probably no new public routes

Parebunks

Not sure if it quite comes under the remit of the thread, but Faresaver are improving Bath-Chippenham from 19th November. The existing X31 becomes 231 and is accompanied by a weekdays only express X31, taking the overall frequency to the pre-COVID 3/hour. Also included are enhanced evenings and Sundays on the 231. For once, does look like an entirely positive change!

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Not sure if it quite comes under the remit of the thread, but Faresaver are improving Bath-Chippenham from 19th November. The existing X31 becomes 231 and is accompanied by a weekdays only express X31, taking the overall frequency to the pre-COVID 3/hour. Also included are enhanced evenings and Sundays on the 231. For once, does look like an entirely positive change!
Was always interesting to see the comparison between the 55 from Chippers to Swindon, and the Chippers to Bath route. Hope Faresaver's confidence is rewarded.

volvob12

Ah, didn't realise there were two of them. I think the one I was referring to is YX73 PKC, not PKA but I would hazard a guess that they both will move to Bristol
I noted PKA on the ring road by the Willet Wicket earlier, turns out it had been working the 25 this morning.

Callum15632

I noted PKA on the ring road by the Willet Wicket earlier, turns out it had been working the 25 this morning.
It did indeed but only covered for a few trips though swapping out the Eclipse 2 BG14 OPE. Then the eclipse 2 replaced YX71 OGY which then replaced the E400 MMC on the next trip.

lukem

According to Facebook, PKA is the first of 4 Enviro400mmcs that will be delivered to Transpora

In other news Applegates of Berkley now tracks on bustimes.org.
Hopefully the 62 & 207 will start to track from now on

Last edited:

Callum15632

According to Facebook, PKA is the first of 4 Enviro400mmcs that will be delivered to Transpora

Will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

bristol1996

Applegates run very very minimal service work, and eventually I am certain it'll go anyway and then they'll not have any service work.

Snow1964

Established Member
Faresaver of Chippenham now have 4 new 73 registration MCV Evora Volvo B8RLE

BV73MJE
BV73MJF
BV73MJJ
BV73MJK

Have also acquired YX17NTN, An ADL enviro200, which used to be with Somerset Passenger Solutions on Hinckley Point construction shuttles

ANDREW_D_WEBB

Faresaver of Chippenham now have 4 new 73 registration MCV Evora Volvo B8RLE

BV73MJE
BV73MJF
BV73MJJ
BV73MJK

Have also acquired YX17NTN, An ADL enviro200, which used to be with Somerset Passenger Solutions on Hinckley Point construction shuttles
Are these the first ever brand new buses acquired by Faresaver?

Marcus Fryer

They also bought two new E200s in 2015 and two new Merc 811Ds in 1997 IIRC.
Yes, I didn’t find them on ‘Bus Lists on the Web’ first time I looked because in those days the owner was identified as ‘Pickford, Chippenham’.
The 811Ds were P324/325 TGS and the E200s are still in the fleet (SN65 OFO/OFP).

Citistar

When the 65 plate E200s arrived, the company was still John Pickford t/a Faresaver. They moved over to a limited company relatively recently (incorporated March 2018), which i believe coincides with John stepping back from the business with sons Justin and Daniel taking the reigns.

Citistar

Transpora have anounced that (as well as the already-announced takeover of the Thornbury-Dursley 60 from 19th Feb) they will also be running the 'new' Bristol 23 to Ashton Vale from 8th April.

I've heard a suggestion that Ashton Vale may go from having had no operators for a year or so to having two from April. Perhaps the Transport Authority's "iron fist" approach to bus services only being allowed to change twice a year isn't the best of ways to be approaching the situation...

-Colly405-

I read a comment, can't remember where (Facebook?) that was a bit ambiguous and I could have interpreted as "better than what they had, with an other operator as well" (i.e. 2 new operators) or "better than what they had with another operator" (i.e. one operator and a comparison to what they had before). We shall see...

Transpora have anounced that they will also be running a 'new' Bristol 90 from 8th April. Hengrove Park - Imperial Park - Knowle - Bedminster - Broadmead.

Link to their Facebook page where the 90 is an even more recent post than the 23 or the 60: https://www.facebook.com/TransporaBusSW

Last edited:

Callum15632

I read a comment, can't remember where (Facebook?) that was a bit ambiguous and I could have interpreted as "better than what they had, with an other operator as well" (i.e. 2 new operators) or "better than what they had with another operator" (i.e. one operator and a comparison to what they had before). We shall see...

Transpora have anounced that they will also be running a 'new' Bristol 90 from 8th April. Hengrove Park - Imperial Park - Knowle - Bedminster - Broadmead.

Link to their Facebook page where the 90 is an even more recent post than the 23 or the 60: https://www.facebook.com/TransporaBusSW
Apparently that isn't the only routes they are gonna have. They may get the 13 Bristol City Centre to Shirehampton via Southmead Hospital, Southmead, Brentry, Westbury on Trym, Combe Dingle and Sea Mills.

LeylandLynx

Is this the same as the old 90 before 2019, just with Hengrove Park included? Won't it have to compete with the m1 and the 70? That's very bold.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Apparently that isn't the only routes they are gonna have. They may get the 13 Bristol City Centre to Shirehampton via Southmead Hospital, Southmead, Brentry, Westbury on Trym, Combe Dingle and Sea Mills.
The downside of the 13 and hence, I think, its passenger numbers seem to be rather on the low side is its indirect route. Westbury already has the 10 & 11 for Southmead Hospital so I couldn't help thinking that the reroute of the 13 to cover Southmead Hospital was perhaps not going to be a passenger winner. I could be wrong though but I think it a pity that First couldn't have kept the 20 & 22.

[.....] they will also be running the 'new' Bristol 23 to Ashton Vale from 8th April.
Not the 23 I remember from a couple of decades ago when I was in college and the 23 back then used to be one of, IIRC, 4 or 5 routes from my local stop: the choice of buses back then was always great because I never had to wait too long for one.

Dave