• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Country Independents

Citistar

A few changes coming up in the Wiltshire area during April (perhaps BSIP funded):

Starting with Faresaver:
  • A Sunday & Bank Holiday service is introduced on X34 (Chippenham - Trowbridge section) from 15th April.
  • 270 (Devizes) is renumbered 3A and 3C.
  • There are several timing changes to the Trowbridge area services 63-69, notably with two 69 journeys via Bradford becoming 68 via Staverton (this is perhaps a response to the increased provision from First on D1/D1X between the two towns meaning that this section of the 69 becomes less crucial to the overall frequency on the corridor).
  • There are new timetables for the 76/77 service, with FromeBus taking over a couple of additional journeys on the 77.
  • Trowbridge services 60 and 65 are understood to be passing to another operator from 15th April.
I believe the extension of Beeline's 24 to become Salisbury - Warminster - Frome has been covered elsewhere. This effectively replaces the all day diagram on FromeBus 53, but FromeBus will retain several peak hour journeys. The current timetable on BODS/BusTimes is incomplete at the time of writing as the FromeBus journeys are not yet shown.

Beeline's 55 service from Warminster to Devizes on Thursdays becomes official once again and is extended to start from Kingston Deverill. Beeline will also be operating a resurrected service 80 from Mere to Frome via Maiden Bradley on Wednesdays. I also understand that the similarly resurrected 82 Friday service from Mere to Warminster via Maiden Bradley will be operated by FromeBus.

Finally, i believe that FromeBus will be taking over the Warminster 54 (Chitterne) and 57 (Mere) services from Beeline with effect from 2nd April.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lynford1976

A few changes coming up in the Wiltshire area during April (perhaps BSIP funded):

Starting with Faresaver:
  • A Sunday & Bank Holiday service is introduced on X34 (Chippenham - Trowbridge section) from 15th April.
  • There are several timing changes to the Trowbridge area services 63-69, notably with two 69 journeys via Bradford becoming 68 via Staverton (this is perhaps a response to the increased provision from First on D1/D1X between the two towns meaning that this section of the 69 becomes less crucial to the overall frequency on the corridor).
  • There are new timetables for the 76/77 service, with FromeBus taking over a couple of additional journeys on the 77.
  • Trowbridge services 60 and 65 are understood to be passing to another operator from 15th April.
I believe the extension of Beeline's 24 to become Salisbury - Warminster - Frome has been covered elsewhere. This effectively replaces the all day diagram on FromeBus 53, but FromeBus will retain several peak hour journeys. The current timetable on BODS/BusTimes is incomplete at the time of writing as the FromeBus journeys are not yet shown.

Beeline's 55 service from Warminster to Devizes on Thursdays becomes official once again and is extended to start from Kingston Deverill. Beeline will also be operating a resurrected service 80 from Mere to Frome via Maiden Bradley on Wednesdays. I also understand that the similarly resurrected 82 Friday service from Mere to Warminster via Maiden Bradley will be operated by FromeBus.

Finally, i believe that FromeBus will be taking over the Warminster 54 (Chitterne) and 57 (Mere) services from Beeline with effect from 2nd April.
Are there any changes to the 56 (the Tuesday / Friday / Saturday bus between Warminster and Salisbury), @Citistar?

Citistar

Are there any changes to the 56 (the Tuesday / Friday / Saturday bus between Warminster and Salisbury), @Citistar?
I don't have the exact details to hand, but i believe that the 56 continues as it is at present, and has been bundled with the 80 (Wed) and 55 (Thu) to give a five day contract running Tue-Sat (perhaps also having a school service on Mondays).

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

Starting with Faresaver:

A few interesting nuggets in there

So FromeBus lose the 53 (aside from a few peak hour runs) but gain the 54/57 in compensation (of a fashion). Interesting as the 24 is generally larger vehicles (e200mmc and Evora) so that's replacing Solos out to Frome.

The Sunday X34 is one that I suspect Wiltshire have harboured ambitions on for many years. Of course, it had an evening service interworked with Trowbridge town services until First pulled off the 234 in 2015 (?)

So FromeBus lose the 53 (aside from a few peak hour runs) but gain the 54/57 in compensation (of a fashion). Interesting as the 24 is generally larger vehicles (e200mmc and Evora) so that's replacing Solos out to Frome.

.. and FromeBus appear to have picked up the 60/65 Trowbridge Town Service instead. Will be interesting to see what vehicles they intend using as the Enviro's used at the moment generally are well used, especially by people with pushchairs,walkers and shopping trollies. If its a midibus type, they may have sticks at dawn!!