• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol Parkway to Taunton - Anytime Return (formerly Open Return)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler4bcfc1

if i get an open return from bristol parkway going to taunton, on the return journey can i get off at temple meads or do i need to go back to parkway

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DJ737

G'day
You can get off at Temple Meads and hang on to the ticket to travel to Parkway anytime in the next month from the date of issue.

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia

district

Open Return tickets no longer exist, they were abolished a few years ago, and for Bristol P/w to Taunton became an Anytime Return (SOR). As the above respondent has stated, an Anytime Day return is valid for break of journey, and may be used to resume any time within one month of purchase, should you wish to.

dzug2

Open Return tickets no longer exist, they were abolished a few years ago, and for Bristol P/w to Taunton became an Anytime Return (SOR). As the above respondent has stated, an Anytime Day return is valid for break of journey, and may be used to resume any time within one month of purchase, should you wish to.

Not an anytime DAY return surely??:lol:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
if i get an open return from bristol parkway going to taunton, on the return journey can i get off at temple meads or do i need to go back to parkway

The term "open return" can be interpretted in various ways and is no longer exclusively meaning Anytime Return. Sometimes it is used to refer to any flexible walk-on fare.

Anytime tickets have no break of journey restrictions, irrespective of whether it is the Day version.

Can you confirm whether you mean an Anytime Return, an Off-Peak Return, an Anytime Day Return or an Off-Peak Day Return?

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Can you confirm whether you mean an Anytime Return, an Off-Peak Return, an Anytime Day Return or an Off-Peak Day Return?

For the purposes of answering OP's question, this in not needed as break of journey is permitted on the return portion of all of these.

Restrictions on the outward portion are common, although not so much in this area, and some Super Off Peaks have restrictions on BoJ on both outbound and return.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
For the purposes of answering OP's question, this in not needed as break of journey is permitted on the return portion of all of these.

Yes, of course. I was inexplicably in auto-pilot mode.

tyler4bcfc1

The term "open return" can be interpretted in various ways and is no longer exclusively meaning Anytime Return. Sometimes it is used to refer to any flexible walk-on fare.

Anytime tickets have no break of journey restrictions, irrespective of whether it is the Day version.

I mean a Off-Peak Day Return

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I mean a Off-Peak Day Return

There is no break of journey restriction on this ticket so you can legitimately stop short at Temple Meads.

As pointed out by LexyBoy above, break of journey is always permitted on the return portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.