• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol to Chester - 8/9 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonic

Hello,
I am looking for your advice on what tickets you would recommend for Bristol Temple Meads to Chester. I have a 16-25 railcard.

Outward:
Friday 8 Feb
Bristol Temple Meads 17:54 - Chester 20:58 via Newport
I can't leave Bristol before 17:30 (and even that is tight) and want to get to Chester a.s.a.p. so can't really take a different train (but if you have any suggestions with similar times feel free to offer them)

Return:
Saturday 9 Feb
Leaving Chester mid-late afternoon.
I can be more flexible coming back.

I have a feeling that I won't beat the £38.95 Off Peak Return 'via Craven Arms', because I cannot be flexible on my outward journey, even though I am happy to stick to specific trains.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have found marginal savings by buying an Advance at 1730 to Shrewsbury changing at Birmingham (specify via Birmingham), then an SDS from Shrewsbury-Chester (same train, just stay on-board), then an Advance on the return journey at 1655, changing Crewe and Birmingham. This comes to approximately £34.50. If you returned earlier at 1419, changing Newport, you could save another £4 on an Advance, bringing the cost down to just over £30.

Status
Not open for further replies.