• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Britains Got Talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I've not seen any but I know that a pop singer who calls herself "Jessie J" is a mentor on "The Voice". I heard her perform on Radio 2 yesterday. I was put in mind of Vanessa Feltz giving dieting tips on losing weight.

GB

Established Member
The thing about The X Factor, The Voice and BGT is it is no longer (and hasn't been for sometime) about winning the grand prize.

With TXF in particular, if you make it to the live shows your almost guaranteed a record contract at the end of it which makes the whole process even more pointless. Then your favorite TV panel shows get infested with even more Z listers!

EM2

Established Member
Over half the acts tonight are not even British, defeats the britains got talent name
Why? It's not called Britons Have Got Talent. Surely if someone lives in Britain, they can enter? Although, that does imply that you can't enter if you're from Niorthern Ireland!

flymo

Established Member
Haven't got into The Voice though.

For the love of any God you can think of don't, just DON'T. I had the misfortune to watch this absolute drivel for the last 2 weeks (the second because I couldn't possibly believe it could be worse ---- I was wrong it was even more pitifully bad beyond the comprehension of man) and can say without any shadow of a possible doubt that 'The Voice' is the single worst piece if televisual "entertainment'* that has ever been brought to any television screen ever in the whole history of the universe. (Yes that includes "Eldorado").

For anybody's sake Sir Tom just RUN AWAY.....keep the knighthood.!!!!

I have now had a petition to have BBC1 for that time surgically removed from creation

depressing stories.

Replace stories with voices and you are right on the money.

* I cannot say the word I want due to a word for something this bad has not yet been invented.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Not a fan of the voice either, but given that the 'judges' on BGT put into the live semi-finals a man with a saucepan on his head, I really don't think it is that bad in comparison.

richw

Veteran Member
Why? It's not called Britons Have Got Talent. Surely if someone lives in Britain, they can enter? Although, that does imply that you can't enter if you're from Niorthern Ireland!

But several of the entrants I refer to don't even live in Britain, one of the judges commented tonight how great it was to have entries from outside of Britain, and that it showed the popularity of the program.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
I can't wait now for the final. I for one shall vote for Only Boys Aloud. Anyone else intending to vote?

YorkshireBear

Established Member
No but it'll be a sad state of affairs if it gets more votes than the local elections

Id rather vote for this than the drivel that is politicians..... Despite that i voted in the local elections and wont vote on BGT.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
No but it'll be a sad state of affairs if it gets more votes than the local elections

I've an idea for the general elections...we could launch a new show...Politicans got Talent! For David Cameron, call 09011 999 999

MattRobinson

To swerve slightly towards the apprentice, if those people are the best of British business, it's no wonder we're in recession...

SS4

Established Member
You can say the show is drivel, but it brings out talent like this. Song written by themselves very catchy, this is what the show is really about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaEgGDZmDXc

Trouble is the amount of crap you have to wade through. That's not just crap acts but inane presenters, ad breaks far too long and judges chatter. Is BGT anything like Cowell's other shows in which ritual humiliation is encouraged?

For those of you who enjoy watching a bad music you may be interested to know that the Eurovision Song Contest is on later this month and nobody is likely to be as hot as Lena a couple of years ago ;)

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
And will be repeated a hour later on +1, on demand and on I player. Looks like I'm watching Eurovision! Anything decent that the drivel BBC Parliament put on!

YorkshireBear

Established Member
To swerve slightly towards the apprentice, if those people are the best of British business, it's no wonder we're in recession...

thats what i say every single year :P some of them are clearly incapable of anything other than bragging and argueing.
Last night being a perfect example, oh ill just ignore my corporate client shall i? who cares about them?

MattRobinson

Trouble is the amount of crap you have to wade through.
The trick is to record it and then use the fast forward button judiciously...

thats what i say every single year :P some of them are clearly incapable of anything other than bragging and argueing.
Last night being a perfect example, oh ill just ignore my corporate client shall i? who cares about them?
The wrong team always wins. Last night Tom's team was by far the strongest, but they lost.

WestCoast

Established Member

A lot of the Apprentice is selective editing though, which can make certain contestants seem better or worse than they really are. Plus, don't forget that these people are selected by producers mainly and they are looking for people who will make "good TV" with slip-ups and arguments.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looks like I'm watching Eurovision

Indeed, that's where the real talent is....:lol:

WestCoast

Established Member
Good old Engelbert Dumpertuck. One of the better songs this year I think, unless of course the Eastern bloc countries vote for each other again.

They take Eurovision far too seriously in some countries...:lol:

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Just been watching BGT and i personally think that the best act of the competition has just performed...this being only boys aloud

Ivo

Established Member
Is their name stolen from that other lot that won that thing Cowell used to run before X Rubbish? The one that Geordie girl is/was a part of? So lame.

And yes, I have used terms like these as opposed to naming the things for real in an effort to show how worthless they really are.

Thank God it's nearly over. Now, if only the Mayans are right, come January we won't have to put up with this any more :lol:

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
what are the british public on? Voting on a dog act? Simon you plonker

I have one thing to say - FIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.