• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

British Airways mask requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman

Established Member
I'm thinking of taking an Edinburgh to London trip with British Airways shortly, as I have travel vouchers burning a hole in my pocket. I'm not really keen on flying right now, but I'd rather use them sooner than later.

I can't find much about it on BA's website, but I know EasyJet are insisting on surgical style masks on their flights. I can't stomach wearing these, and have used bandanas throughout the pandemic, which I find much more comfortable. Can anyone confirm whether BA are OK with these?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HBP

I flew with BA this week. Face coverings of all varieties were permitted & worn so I can’t see an issue with your choice of covering.

Journeyman

Established Member
Can confirm. These days I don't bother wearing a mask..just the bare minimum face covering, ie a buff. BA seem to be totally fine with it.
That sounds fine, although right now BA are being typically useless. I can't get my future travel codes for a cancelled booking last year to work, and when attempting to deal with it on the phone, which took ages, I got cut off mid-call. I'm not sure I can cope with the hassle, and might just go by train instead...

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
That sounds fine, although right now BA are being typically useless. I can't get my future travel codes for a cancelled booking last year to work, and when attempting to deal with it on the phone, which took ages, I got cut off mid-call. I'm not sure I can cope with the hassle, and might just go by train instead...
Just saw this as this is in a new forum. The future travel vouchers are only redeemable over the phone and we’re issued very early on in the pandemic. But, check your emails - all of mine were recently auto-converted to “e vouchers” which have a 125- code and redeemable instantly online. Hope this helps!

Journeyman

Established Member
Just saw this as this is in a new forum. The future travel vouchers are only redeemable over the phone and we’re issued very early on in the pandemic. But, check your emails - all of mine were recently auto-converted to “e vouchers” which have a 125- code and redeemable instantly online. Hope this helps!
Thanks, I got it sorted on the phone in the end, and got codes I could use online. Actually flying in the morning, for the first time in well over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.