• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

British Rail PTT Map 1992?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I have a collection of GBR/NR PTT Maps and I seem to remember the Bishop Aukland to Stanhope branch being shown on one, possibly around 1992.

Can anyone on the forum confirm my recollection (possibly shaky) and confirm the year that this was as I have lost this particular map.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I have a collection of GBR/NR PTT Maps and I seem to remember the Bishop Aukland to Stanhope branch being shown on one, possibly around 1992.

Can anyone on the forum confirm my recollection (possibly shaky) and confirm the year that this was as I have lost this particular map.

Many thanks in advance

THere was a summer sunday service for at various times - cant recall when off the top of my head. Someone else will no doubt

Established Member
Not entirely sure but I would have thought the passenger services to Stanhope were removed in the 60s. The line only survived for the Eastgate cement works. However there might have been some summer workings as DarloRich has said.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Correct - summer Sundays only just like the Okehampton Branch. However I'm sure it was shown on at least one version of the GBR PTT map.

Just to prove I'm not going senile..........

34D

Established Member
Correct - summer Sundays only just like the Okehampton Branch. However I'm sure it was shown on at least one version of the GBR PTT map.

Just to prove I'm not going senile..........

I've seen pictures of class 142 (or maybe 143) displaying Stanhope on the blinds. Anyone find one?

Status
Not open for further replies.