• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

British Roads With All Common Speed Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgl

Established Member
I was thinking about the road that runs through Crewkerne the other day (the A30) and realised that it has every common speed limit on at least one section of it, that being 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70 and wondered if how many other roads had the same claim to fame.

The only caveat I will put on is that the speed limits have to be all on the same continuous stretch of road, but sections where two roads temporarily merge are allowed.

Examples of sections of the A30 with each limit,
20, Near Wadham school, Crewkerne on the section from Crewkerne to Yeovil, and through part of West Coker
30, Through most towns and villages on the route (Crewkerne, Chard, Shaftesbury, Sherborne, Etc.)
40, Between East Chinnock and West Coker, and coming into Chard
50, through the Cricket St. Thomas Area and after leaving Chard in the Honiton direction
60, On most out of the route out of towns/villages
70, Between Honiton and Exeter and between Yeovil and Sherbourne
Plus doing a very rough route trace in the W10 maps app all those speed limits can be found within just 14mi of one another.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lockwood

I thought this when I drove to Liphook from Petersfield recently along the former A3.

40 out of Petersfield.
50 after a short stretch.
(30 through roadworks.)
Patches of NSL on single and dual carriageway segments
Varied 40/50 limits
30 on approach to Liphook
20 for the final bit into the village

21C101

Established Member
Pretty sure the A24 going to worthing goes 70,60,50,40,30,20

This was a couple of decades ago so might have changed

KeithMcC

Frequent changes of speed limits seems to be very common on many roads. Then when you get used to a particular road the council will come along and reduce some of them further! It can be very confusing, signage can sometimes be poor and I find I have to check the satnav from time to time to check what the current limit is.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Frequent changes of speed limits seems to be very common on many roads. Then when you get used to a particular road the council will come along and reduce some of them further! It can be very confusing, signage can sometimes be poor and I find I have to check the satnav from time to time to check what the current limit is.

SatNavs are not always reliable for that; I'd say Google Maps can be wrong maybe 15% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.