• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Britrail Pass question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ737

G'day

Just a quick question, Can I validate a Britrail Pass at Walthamstow Central? And if so will the ticket office know what to do with it, as my 1st trip will be from Walthamstow to Liverpool St on the Chingford train.

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Assuming you go to the Overground ticket office, they should be able to sort you out.

Requeststop

They should know what to do at Walthamstow Central. If your ticket looks anything like my last ticket in the attachment, you'll have no problems. Just have your passport/identification ready should they ask for it and remember to keep your Safeguard Plan Voucher separate from where you keep your ticket. It's rather like keeping your Pin number well separate from your Bank Card.

Remember there are a whole host of free and discounted bonuses available using the UK Rail Pass. See here

Enjoy your trip.

Attachments

• Britrail 2016.jpg
    Britrail 2016.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 219

Flying Snail

Established Member
What is a safeguard voucher?

A poor-value insurance product for a lost/stolen pass that they try to sell you at time of purchase.

If you have decent travel insurance it should provide similar cover.

The only way the Britrail cover would be worthwhile is if they provided replacement passes; they do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.