• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brockenhurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Established Member
I was not able to see today how trains from Brockenhurst P4a, the Lymington branch train, can run past BH 8 to the Down and thence to the Up, as used to be the case with the Easteigh through trains. Is there a #-over Down>Up further north than the Up>Down #-over?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
Nope, not according to Quail. Up through trains can only use platforms 1 and 2 (both perfectly accessible from the Lymington branch). If BH8 is the signal at the east end of platform 4, isn't it a fixed red?

Oracle

Established Member
Popped down to Brockenhurst today. It seems that the green CIG was sick so 450084 was doing the Lymington shuttle instead! Also, trains were arriving in P2 and then heading off on the Down line and then reversing and coming back into P2, and also P1, using the rarely-used pints at the Up end of P1. There is a cross-over from the Down to Up south of the Level Crossing and vice versa with GPLs, but it seems that there is no signalled move so this must be for non-passenger use only?

http://www.nostalgiaroad.co.uk/brockenhurst1.jpg
Note there was the 10-car WES train in P1, and 444034 in P3, with 450084 in P1.
http://www.nostalgiaroad.co.uk/brockenhurst2.jpg

T

Tom

Bringing this back up, can anyone confirm there is one of those shunt route indicator things on the exit from the engineers sidings @ Brockenhurst?

Death

Established Member
Eh? :rolleyes:
How did they manage to get a 450 working on the Lymington branch line? If I remember rightly, the main reason for keeping two CEP units for that line was because there was a power supply issue that meant 450s couldn't be used on that line. (I'm sure that I read this in E-Motion a while back.) :eek:

Obviously this isn't the case...But historical railways excepted, isn't it against current standards to use slam-door trains anyway? :|

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

P.S: Whilst I'm at it (I know that it's old news now, but I only just got the latest copy of E-Motion whilst on the Sprinter I caught home this evening!) congrats to Stagecoach for keeping the SWT franchise for another ten years...It's good to see that it's still in good hands! <D

Established Member
They have upgraded it so that a 450 can be used down the branch, 450084 being the first one in passenger service!!

T

Tom

bh-diagram.png

For anyone totally disinterested in signalling... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.