• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Broken down train at Berwick

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianTheLion

If you can, get to the station early, then if the disruption continues you might get onto an earlier service.

Weather is bad up here, v. windy and snow/sleet. Will be hard to get the wires up.

Yeah I heard it was bad... you wouldnt happen to know if there is much snow on the A69 would you? I need to drive back from Blaydon to Glasgow tomorrow lunchtime, thats if I ever get down there for 11am! lol...

Theres no disruption on the Carlisle to Newcastle line at present is there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Yeah I heard it was bad... you wouldnt happen to know if there is much snow on the A69 would you? I need to drive back from Blaydon to Glasgow tomorrow lunchtime, thats if I ever get down there for 11am! lol...

Theres no disruption on the Carlisle to Newcastle line at present is there?

Some of the higher routes are shut, but the A69 should be alright as it is the main route.

dk1

Veteran Member
All appears as it should be. First Ncl-Edb just 2 down at Dunbar, 06.50 Glc-Kgx running throughout & most arrivals into Kings Cross are as booked. Another good service recovery from East Coast.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
All appears as it should be. First Ncl-Edb just 2 down at Dunbar, 06.50 Glc-Kgx running throughout & most arrivals into Kings Cross are as booked. Another good service recovery from East Coast.

Friday evenings recovery from the New Southgate incident was also an excellent piece of work ......

stuartmoss

I got as far up the ECML as Newcastle yesterday and they were feeling the knock-on effect of the broken down train at Berwick. Everything seemed to be terminating at Newcastle, with a few trains starting from there also I think in both North and South directions. The weather was absolutely atrocious though, gale forced gusts, with rain turning to sleet and then snow. Did this play a role in the line coming down also?

I took a bit of video yesterday if anyone is interested:

[youtube]uhz0DoEpZno[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.