• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Broken rail at Shipley this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
There was a broken rail at Shipley this morning causing 'chaos' according to the Telegraph And Argus... :roll:

Yes it caused some inconvenience but everyone worked hard to get the problem resolved, in fact the 12pm estimate for repair ended up being an actual back up and running time of around 9am.

In fact rather than catch the 8:50am Keighley bus from Wellington Street I could have waited for the 9:26am train and made it to work before the bus did :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

neilb62

Never the less a friend took over 4hrs to do Skipton to Leeds this morning, not good...

Veteran Member
Trains backed up West of Shipley according to RTT, delays up to 60 min.

mm333

Northen tweeted that 3 trains from Ikley to/from Bradford Square didn't call at Baildon, so I'm presuming reversed hopefully at Apperley Junction and didn't have to go all the way into Leeds to reverse

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Northen tweeted that 3 trains from Ikley to/from Bradford Square didn't call at Baildon, so I'm presuming reversed hopefully at Apperley Junction and didn't have to go all the way into Leeds to reverse

There's a crossover east of Apperley Junction where trains can reverse. Was on a train from Guiseley to Bradford that did it many moons ago.

johntea

Established Member
Flooding has knocked the line out today by the looks! Was fine this morning but has been chucking it down since.

Buses currently running but I can't see that lasting forever if it keeps raining either!

Status
Not open for further replies.