• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bromley South - Marshlink route validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
Would a return from Bromley South to a suitable Marshlink station (Winchelsea for example) cover the following:
Bromley South - Otford - Sevenoaks
Sevenoaks - Paddock Wood - Ashford International
Ashford International - Winchelsea

as well as the most direct

Bromley South - Hastings - Winchelsea?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
As a starter I am aware and have used (prior confirmation by the booking clerk) that a ticket from Tonbridge to Rye is valid by either Battle, Hastings or via Ashford.

Gathursty

Established Member
As a starter I am aware and have used (prior confirmation by the booking clerk) that a ticket from Tonbridge to Rye is valid by either Battle, Hastings or via Ashford.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just have fiddly bits left in Kent/Sussex that I hope I could combine and clear with one ticket:
Knockholt/Otford - Battle
Tonbridge - Paddock Wood
Hastings - Ashford International.

Veteran Member
N
Thanks for the quick reply. I just have fiddly bits left in Kent/Sussex that I hope I could combine and clear with one ticket:
Knockholt/Otford - Battle
Tonbridge - Paddock Wood
Hastings - Ashford International.
Not a problem. Out one way and back the other is fine - both I and my sister have done it often enough over the years.
You could even start from Bickley, though I suspect it's no cheaper :)

paul1609

Established Member
Would a return from Bromley South to a suitable Marshlink station (Winchelsea for example) cover the following:
Bromley South - Otford - Sevenoaks
Sevenoaks - Paddock Wood - Ashford International
Ashford International - Winchelsea

as well as the most direct

Bromley South - Hastings - Winchelsea?
Yes, all the Marshlink Stations have routing points of both Hastings Group and Ashford International.
The shortest route to Rye from Tonbridge is actually via Ashford International and in your example of Winchelsea the shortest route is via Battle but the route via Ashford is less than 3 miles longer.
If you actually want to visit Winchelsea the station is around 3/4 mile from the village the last bit of which is up a short but very steep hill on the A259 trunk road. An alternative is the 100/101 buses which leave from outside Rye Station. Winchelsea is the limit of the Rye Plusbus area.

Status
Not open for further replies.