• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BRT Reaches 10,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
Just thought I'd tell you, that after all the trouble I had, and all the server changes, my site has now been up 9 months, and has finally reached 10,000 visitors!!!! :D YAY! More updates soon!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Yeah, 9 months as far as I can remember. I started up my site just after Christmas last year, and hear we are now! :D

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
10,000 visitors or 10,000 page impressions or 10,000 files (including images etc) loaded? ;)

Some web stats can be misleading! Anyway well done.

Dave A

WELL DONE!

Hmm. Got me thinking about mine:

thelondontube.co.uk

-- Site Summary ---
Visits

Total ........................ 1,934
Average per Day ................. 13
Average Visit Length .......... 3:23
This Week ....................... 89

Page Views

Total ........................ 5,067
Average per Day ................. 20
Average per Visit .............. 1.6
This Week ...................... 141

This is since the 11th of June or July this year (not sure which :oops: ) Also considering that the site has been down for a month, in total, because of this and that. :D

The Snap

Established Member
yorkie said:
10,000 visitors or 10,000 page impressions or 10,000 files (including images etc) loaded? ;)

Not sure, it's just 10,000 hits since the start, as the hit counter I have only counts that. I'll have to look at my web stats.... :D

Ben

RichardH said:
yorkie said:

Not sure, it's just 10,000 hits since the start, as the hit counter I have only counts that. I'll have to look at my web stats.... :D

sorry to dampen your spirits mate my site has had 14.000 hits (page views) since the 28th of september ;)

T

Tom

And we had 26307 hits yesterday alone. This means, that in a week - we have around 210,000 hits. This is of course, made from an average from the 3-9th ;).

And, in the past month (yes, that is only 9 days from the 1st-9th), we have had 283,306 hits. :)

Jim

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
And we had 26307 hits yesterday alone. This means, that in a week - we have around 210,000 hits. This is of course, made from an average from the 3-9th ;).

And, in the past month (yes, that is only 9 days from the 1st-9th), we have had 283,306 hits. :)

HOW MANY :shock:

Dave A

Thats probably page views, in which case it would be A LOT as to see this I had view 4 different pages, plus 1 to post and 1 to read it again.

Otherwise its complete bull!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
158 said:
sorry to dampen your spirits mate my site has had 14.000 hits (page views) since the 28th of september ;)

Aren't hits & page views different things, my web stats shows 3 columns, and the glossary says
Hits - A hit represents a request to your web site for a file such as an image, a web page, or a CGI script. One web page may contain several related resources, and as a result, a visitor viewing one web page may trigger several hits. Hits generated as a result of an error (either a 400 or 500 level error) are not counted as actual hits to your site, and are kept separate from successful hits.

Page Views - A page view is a successful request for a file on your web site that is considered to be a page. These usually mean files with extensions such as .txt, .asp, .aspx, .php, etc. Views generated as a result of an error (either a 400 or 500 level error) are not counted as actual views for your site, and are kept separate from successful views.

Visits - Visits represent the total number of times people have visited your web site. A visit is counted whenever a web site user requests one or more files from the web server. If the user becomes idle for more than a certain amount of time (usually 20 minutes), a new visit is generated when they come back.

The Snap

Established Member
158 said:
RichardH said:
yorkie said:

LOL! Cool, but I'm sure your site
is a different platform to mine! :D ;)

T

Tom

The web statistic software does not lie. :)

(See Webalizer for everyone on RailUK hosting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.