• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BRT Site Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I've updated my site with a few new additions, including a new route...:) There are also some other suprises on the routes page. ;)

Please let me know what you think of it all, esspecially my new route. :)

Without giving too much away, I'd like to thank eezypeazy for allowing me to use some of his objects in the new route, and EmergencyBrake, for...(you'll see if you look at the 'Routes' page...):)

Thanks, and enjoy!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

Just had a quick go in the third scenario and its brillaint, especially now that the curves are the same texture as the straights! ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Not nescesarilly, some Semaphores don't...

Coxster

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Not nescesarilly, some Semaphores don't...
Just what I was going to say! Bang goes me looking smart... ;) Also Rich, you told me to put 'Mincotes Head' in the database?

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
Just what I was going to say! Bang goes me looking smart... ;) Also Rich, you told me to put 'Mincotes Head' in the database?

Yeah, sorry about that Damon, I only planned to do the route to there, but then decided to add an extra station. If you could change it, and add the two new routes to your database, EB and I would be very grateful! :)

Thanks mate,

devon_metro

Established Member
I really like the route! Well done Rich. A very enjoyable drive! :)

Only really two issues. I noticed that that the route was quite busy and was surprised at the lack of semaphores en-route to the final destination. I can't recall encountering any!

Also a few transparency issues but that does by no means spoil the route.

It's great!
Well done!!!

T

Tom

Rich few flaws in the route, under current rules which you are running under due to the trains running the route you have to have AWS, if not max speed is 25mph.

ikar

tubechallenger said:
Rich few flaws in the route, under current rules which you are running under due to the trains running the route you have to have AWS, if not max speed is 25mph.

What is your sorce Tom; TW module says only 40mph during fog or faling snow where AWS ain't provided.

The Snap

Established Member
tubechallenger said:

OK, I'll look into that. Thanks for the tip off. :D

Tom B

Established Member
As far as I know, it is 40mph.

Coxster said:

Muahaha! Though people will probarbly wonder what we're on about now ;).

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
As far as I know, it is 40mph.

Muahaha! Though people will probarbly wonder what we're on about now ;).

Yeah, I am?! :rolleyes: :D

Tomnick

Established Member
Some routes didn't have AWS fitted until very recently, like the Skegness branch (in fact, some probably still don't!) - as far as I'm aware, the 40mph only applies when the equipment's defectiv and/or isolated, not when it's not provided ;). Still, it'd probably make it a bit more "complete" if AWS was provided for the distant signals on the route.

Rich - I've found a few minor 'issues' with the signalling in general - I'll forward these to you by PM though.

Other than that...it's a good 'un! :)

The Snap

Established Member
Tomnick said:
Some routes didn't have AWS fitted until very recently, like the Skegness branch (in fact, some probably still don't!) - as far as I'm aware, the 40mph only applies when the equipment's defectiv and/or isolated, not when it's not provided ;). Still, it'd probably make it a bit more "complete" if AWS was provided for the distant signals on the route.

Rich - I've found a few minor 'issues' with the signalling in general - I'll forward these to you by PM though.

Other than that...it's a good 'un! :)

Cheers! :D

Tomnick

Established Member
Any questions, feel free to fire away - I can provide a nice detailed description of the principles of absolute block signalling if you need it (always helpful to know the basics!) along with probably a few nice detailed diagrams too!

Tomnick

Established Member
James 66526 said:
40mph with no AWS in fog.
Indeed - does that apply to routes that aren't fitted with AWS though, as opposed to when you've just got the equipment isolated?

Status
Not open for further replies.