• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brum Metro... How the hell does one to extend from BSW to BHM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR :D

The approach to BSW terminus on metro is few feet below the street level. If they extend it to BHM, they would have to tunnel it to the street level or they would have build a very steep slope to street level. I don't know how this can be done.

Unless they're planning to do this at completely different platform, this seems like it can not be done.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
They're moving the station to street level I think, allowing for a fourth NR platform at BSW.

Badger

The approach to BSW terminus on metro is few feet below the street level. If they extend it to BHM, they would have to tunnel it to the street level or they would have build a very steep slope to street level. I don't know how this can be done.

Unless they're planning to do this at completely different platform, this seems like it can not be done.

This is exactly what they've done. Platform 4 of show hill is no longer going to be used for metro services, alongside it they've built a (relatively) steep slope up to Bull Street.

The actual station is no longer at Snow Hill, it's at St Chads. I believe one will be able to access the new Snow Hill entrance from it, but it isn't useful for Colmore Row.

TSR :D

Here is the map of the extension.

Also I should point out you shouldn't call it the Birmingham Metro; only the very end of it is in Birmingham...
Well it terminates at Birmingham? I could call it West Brom, Wolverhampton and as well as Birmingham metro.
This is exactly what they've done. Platform 4 of show hill is no longer going to be used for metro services, alongside it they've built a (relatively) steep slope up to Bull Street.

The actual station is no longer at Snow Hill, it's at St Chads. I believe one will be able to access the new Snow Hill entrance from it, but it isn't useful for Colmore Row.
Oh ok.
And now... in three dimensions...

[youtube]W44Jp0b8kqU[/youtube]

Cheers for that video, it is much clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.