• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BT internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac

Anyone had any problems with bt internet mine has sent old emails that I have sent over the last year.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

starrymarkb

Established Member
I wonder if this is linked to the email server move - I remember Sky users complaining because they were downloading using POP rather then IMAP protocols and so had a copy of their message archived on the server...

D365

Veteran Member
That sounds like exactly the reason, I suffer the same problems through my various Gmail accounts...

ryan125hst

Established Member
I've just logged into my BT account on my PC (I've been checking it on my phone for the last few weeks) and found that all of my emails, other than ones from the middle of May or sooner, have been deleted. I've had the account for two years, so that's two years worth of emails lost.

Fortunately, there's not really anything of much importance (although a mark scheme for an exam paper that I need for revision would be useful!) and they should be on Outlook, but it's annoying.

Has anyone else had the same problem and does anyone know if I can get them back?

beeza1

A workmate of mine is having similar problems with his bt emails it started after after his Facebook account had been "hacked".
I am also with bt and I had my Facebook account "hacked" a couple of years ago, I had allegedly posted some photos taken at our works "do", I wasn't even at the "do", so I deleted my Facebook account straight away and haven't been on it since, Since then I have had no problems at all, I run Norton 360.

ryan125hst

Established Member
I run Norton 360.

Norton! <(

I used to have that (well, my Dad bought it when he got me my old PC) and we had loads of problems with it. It made my computer run slow and we found Trojans on it that were missed by the software.

I now run Kaspersky and have used it for the last five years at least. I have never had any problems with it.

Back on topic though, my Facebook hasn't been hacked (well, I haven't noticed any issues and I log in several times a day) and everything else is fine. I have noticed that Yahoo have been upgrading their servers and updating the web interface from Classic to the new one (I can't remember what it's called). Could this be the problem?

Bevan Price

Established Member
Beware of emails claiming to come from BT (or elsewhere) saying your email account has a problem, etc., and telling you to click a link to verify / update / whatever. These are almost always Spam or other malware, and the links will take you almost anywhere except BT. Just delete such messages.

ryan125hst

Established Member
Beware of emails claiming to come from BT (or elsewhere) saying your email account has a problem, etc., and telling you to click a link to verify / update / whatever. These are almost always Spam or other malware, and the links will take you almost anywhere except BT. Just delete such messages.

I always do (thanks for the advise though).

One thing that might be of use to members when it comes to this kind of thing is always check the link. If an email claims that it is BT, Paypal, Ebay, Halifax ect, and is asking you to click on the link and enter your details, hover your mouse over the link and look to see what the link is (you should see the URL at the bottom of the screen). If it is some random website, it is obviously a scam, so DON'T click on it and delete the message straight away.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Or get an email service with a decent Spam Filter (ie Gmail) and you never see them!

Status
Not open for further replies.