• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bugatti Chiron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
Looking forward to seeing this "monster" in the flesh when I make my annual pilgrimage the The Geneva Motor Show later in the week.

1500hp and a rumoured 280mph + top speed - almost as impressive as my Peugeot 107 <D

It's high time the British Motor Show was reinstated !!!

How long before we see a 300mph roadcar ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Wouldn't it be more useful to see a 300mpg road car

Genuine question. Is that actually possible ?

Yes we see the mpg "race" every year with crazy mileage eeked out of cars but its with unrealistic driving. Solar cars are years away in terms of being viable and electric vehicles have range issues and are still falling short of expectations and real world driving.

Hydrogen cars are here and I have no idea how they will perform.

At one point I was following a car that ran on compressed air. (to commute with)

Domh245

Established Member

VW produced a concept called the XL1, which they claim has a combined cycle of 313mpg. Admittedly that was before the emissions scandal, so the actual figure may be a bit under 300 now, but it is still mighty impressive

As for the Chiron, all the renderings that I've seen have been somewhat unflattering. I'm personally much more interested by the minute details of cars, such as the camless valve system proposed by Koenineninensegg (approx spelling)

ComUtoR

Established Member
As for the Chiron, all the renderings that I've seen have been somewhat unflattering. I'm personally much more interested by the minute details of cars, such as the camless valve system proposed by Koenineninensegg (approx spelling)

The spy shots looked pretty nice and that sweeping C curve looked stunning.

Thanks as always
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The new model will have 1,500 HP to work with, which is 300 HP more than the record-winning Veyron. The Chiron's top speed remains to be seen, but it'll be capped at 420 km/h (260 mph) for road use.

Bugatti says that the new generation, the Chiron, will be a "completely new development." According to the car maker, it'll be faster, more powerful and even more expensive, with a base price of €2.4 million ($2.6 million).

160229151850-bugatti-chiron-blue-780x439.jpg

OOOOH sexy

500 to be made

Domh245

Established Member
I am not a fan of the lights. It looks like it was inspired by GTA V

latest

Minilad

Established Member
I must be getting old or something. But that doesn't float my boat one little bit. I look at that and think one thing. Pen is enhancer

Clip

Established Member
Cant fit my entourage of groupies in there so im out.

455driver

Veteran Member
Not at the moment but in the future, who knows!
Yes we see the mpg "race" every year with crazy mileage eeked out of cars but its with unrealistic driving. Solar cars are years away in terms of being viable and electric vehicles have range issues and are still falling short of expectations and real world driving.
Normally on a rolling road in a completely controlled, perfect environment.
Hydrogen cars are here and I have no idea how they will perform.
They go like a bomb when there is a problem! :lol:
At one point I was following a car that ran on compressed air. (to commute with)
How was the air compressed in the first place?
Not really viable if it is by a normal air compressor.

Strathclyder

Established Member
Doesn't really float my boat, as far as looks go. Sure, it's a fearsome engineering achievement (even more so than the Veyron), but it doesn't look that pretty doing it. Function over form comes to mind.

For me, the prettiest sports-car of the last 10 years is the Ferrari 458 Italia.
10333752_798640813488373_5811525116940116324_o.jpg

Established Member
I always think the front end of the 458 just looks like it doesn't fit properly.
They also sound a bit crap, IMO, with a rather fake sounding exhaust note, though nothing like as bad as current Maseratis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.