• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Builders Plate stolen off 68025 at The Seven Valley Diesel Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

168lover

This was posted on the Preserved Diesels Group on Facebook this morning. It disgusts me that people could be so stupid to steal something like that.

Having returned home after a cracking few days at the SVR Gala I have been informed of a serious criminal act carried out by some selfish lowlife that with have extremely serious consequences if not corrected. We have all admired the brand spanking new class 68 from DRS a company that are there to make money but are extremely enthusiast friendly. They sent two of their locos (which could have been earning revenue) and crews to support our event. It sickens and enrages me when some little **** takes it upon thereselves to unbolt and steal the Makers Plate off the loco while it was stabled overnight in Rock Sidings, Bewdley on Friday night. The implications of this are imense for the enthusiast movement as the company would be quite justified in pulling the plug. It MUST be returned ASAP. Someone out there either has it or knows someone who has it. Let's face it you can't do anything with it. If not returned (I suggest it is posted anonymously to the SVR) then the authorities will be involved. Over to you folks it's time to pull together and get this sorted NOW.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Could an admin properly quote the text please as I do not know how to. Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
A bit of googling would suggest that the builder's plates are pop/blind-riveted on and thus would have had to have been drilled out to release them. Not an opportunistic move then, which makes it even worse.

341o2

Established Member
sadly, not a new phenomenan. In the closing days of steam, most locos ran without name or numberplates, other preserved (sorry, heritage) lines have seen the same sort, even resorting to replica plates (eg fibreglass) to protect the originals

what is achieved, because once a plate is recorded as stolen, it becomes worthless, to be in posession of such an item renders one liable to the charge of handling stolen goods

DEAN MURPHY

Absolutely disgusting. It's such a shame as DRS are great with enthusiasts and go out of their way to provide traction-including the latest new locomotive in the country for the diesel gala to be treated like this.
Do the good deed if you are reading this, and please return it as it will have serious consequences for enthusiasts in the future.

Harbornite

Established Member
Good to hear. Let's hope DRS don't give up on these events just yet.

Zoidberg

Established Member
Is the people responsible getting reported to the police?

I think the point is that the identities of those responsible are not known.

EDIT: Perhaps you meant was the theft reported to the police. I hope so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.