• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Burnley Area Car Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

grid56126

Can anybody local advise whether there is any likelihood of there being car park spaces available at Burnley Manchester Road station on an off peak weekday, probably arriving 10.00 / 11.00 ish

From what I can see on Google maps it looks quite small. Any others in the area that would be better? I am just travelling locally to Manchester but staying with the car in the area. Many thanks

Richard

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geeves

Established Member
Pretty unlikely there to be any spaces beyond 8am except for disabled parking. You would probably be better looking for a quiet street near by. Its a pretty popular station these days!

mirodo

The car park is somewhat larger than shown on Google Maps, as their imaging pre-dates the redevelopment of the station and expansion of the car park; however as Geeves says, it is extremely popular so you may struggle. I don't believe that the nearby residential streets have any parking restrictions, but check first as I may be wrong.

mike57

Established Member
I think you may struggle at Burnley Manchester Road, a quick street view on a couple of local streets shows residents only parking, or limited time. I havn't checked every street however. Assuming you going to Manchester via Todmorden the previous stop to Burnley is Rose Grove, but this doesnt have any car parking by the look of it and again I don't think there is any on street parking in the area either.

Welshman

Established Member
I think you may struggle at Burnley Manchester Road, a quick street view on a couple of local streets shows residents only parking, or limited time. I havn't checked every street however. Assuming you going to Manchester via Todmorden the previous stop to Burnley is Rose Grove, but this doesnt have any car parking by the look of it and again I don't think there is any on street parking in the area either.

I'm glad its a "Residents'Parking only" zone.
I can imagine its very frustrating to return and find you can park nowhere near your house for commuters taking the spaces from 7am to 7pm.

Isn't the station served by a local bus service that the OP could use?

Last edited:

Bevan Price

Established Member
I'm glad its a "Residents'Parking only" zone.
I can imagine its very frustrating to return and find you can park nowhere near your house for commuters taking the spaces from 7am to 7pm.

Isn't the station served by a local bus service that the OP could use?

Transdev bus X43 Skipton/Colne/Burnley - Manchester passes Manchester Road station about every 15 minutes, or it is just over 5 minutes walk (partly uphill) from the town centre.

grid56126

Many thanks for the replies. I am driving down from Barrow so may look at somewhere else enroute . . . . Blackburn or similar .. .

Veteran Member
Many thanks for the replies. I am driving down from Barrow so may look at somewhere else enroute . . . . Blackburn or similar .. .

Blackburn will cost you £2 IIRC so you might get a space. Accrington is free but likely to be full. Rishton has a few spaces but lacks trains....

I've found spaces at Horwich Parkway which is within the GM fares area (cheap, but evening restrictions) but i might have been lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.