• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Burnt-out coach on M6, Warwickshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp4712

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-36363685

Fifty-nine school children and seven teachers escaped a coach that burst into flames on a motorway.
Four 10-year-old girls were taken to hospital after the blaze broke out on the M6 near Coleshill, Warwickshire, at about 15:40 BST.
Thirteen children and the driver were treated for smoke inhalation, although none were not thought to be badly hurt.
Another coach driver spotted the fire and helped evacuate the children, taking them on to his own vehicle....

Anyone know the ID and owner of this little contretemps? Kudos to the Eavesway driver who stopped to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

padbus

From the picture of the blazing vehicle it looks like it was a double deck bus.

Zoidberg

Established Member

DaveHarries

Established Member
Kudos to the Eavesway driver who stopped to help.
Yes indeed: by letting them onboard his vehicle he at least gave them somewhere safe to be. I should imagine that a good number of those on board the burnt-out vehicle were possibly more than a little shaken up by the experience.

Dave

shyanthony

My old school bus (the green bus) are an absolute shambles...

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.