• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Burton to Cardiff Tidal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xotGD

Established Member
From Burton on Trent my guess would be beer.

fgwrich

Established Member
From Burton on Trent my guess would be beer.

Wishful thinking and I wish it was true, but it's not. I believe it's still the continuation of this move back in 2018, simply consisting of Wire Rod produced in Cardiff Celsa to Burton.

Envoy

Established Member
Why do people film with their mobile phones held vertically when horizontal would almost fill computer screens as well as u-tube?

BigB

Bizarrely this is a behavioural response;
  • It is how people use the phones for calls and using most apps - A4 etc. And book format (A4 referrring to paper before some steam enthusiasts have a go) is usually vertical and that is how people still think. It's fine showing it back in a screen you can easily rotate like a phone, so not seen as an issue.
  • You can film a video in "landscape" on your phone very easily, but it is possible to do this upside down and most people do not have software to flip a video unlike photos, and it's a pain to do anything with, so they use portrait which always shows the right way up.

It is annoying to see though as we still think as images in landscape, but we actually see a large circle - landscapes are that shape as we use the horizon as the median and look e.g. left to right to get a bigger picture.

philthetube

Established Member
Why do people film with their mobile phones held vertically when horizontal would almost fill computer screens as well as u-tube?
Very off topic, but much more interesting than the original question... <( <( <(

Status
Not open for further replies.