• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus crash in Epsom 19th September 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
There are reports in the local press, but no pictures - other than a Google Streetview screenshot of the wrong end of the High Street - that this morning at 11.30 a car collided heavily with the back of a bus outside Robert Dyas in Epsom High Street.

None of the reports seem to mention which bus company was involved either; there are three that it could have been: Buses Excetera, Metroline or Epsom Buses.

If I see any updates with more details, I'll update the thread.

Updated 23.04:

Sorry, I can only find an Epsom Guardian report to link to!

http://www.epsomguardian.co.uk/news...ces-on-scene-after-crash-between-car-and-bus/

Epsom High Street crash: Emergency services on scene after crash 'between car and bus'

Emergency services are on the scene of a reported crash between a car and a bus in Epsom town centre outside Robert Dyas.

Reports of the incident in High Street first emerged on social media at around 11.30am this morning (September 19).

One Twitter user described the incident as a "major accident".

South East Coast Ambulance confirmed attending the scene and said a woman, believed to have suffered a medical episode, was treated at the scene and taken to Epsom Hospital.

Surrey Police said the incident was reported at 11.28am today and involved a car going into the back of a bus.

Fire crews from Epsom and Leatherhead are on their way to to the scene, along with South East Coast Ambulance Service and Surrey Police.

In a tweet, Surrey Fire and Rescue confirmed it had dispatched fire crews to the incident, adding: “delays on the approach @SECAmbulance and @SurreyPolice on route.”

More updates to follow as we get them.

Here is a Google Streetview image of the scene; this is not the first crash here - last year someone ploughed into the restaurant immediately next door to Robert Dyas. There have also been several crashes in recent years at the part of the junction immediately behind you as you look at this image.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.3...4!1s_fRGn-rlcZlWAdyDXrKt4Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.