• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus distribution after Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
With loads of rumours flying around about where all the buses ordered for the Olympics will be re-homed. I would like to open this thread up as a place to discuss where the buses will go after the Olympics.

I heard a rumour today that my home town operator Cheltenham will become a mostly Enivro based fleet, with all X to 06 reg buses leaving the fleet.

One thing i can say is that Gloucester's 10 Lower Tuffley - Cheltenham route will become another gold spec route towards the end of the year, had this confirmed by a manager i know within Cheltenham, the buses will not have wifi though as they are not EU bus routes.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
15841-59 for Gloucester, and yes they will have WiFi.

Stagecoach have no buses to reallocate after the Olympics; they're all on loan from their existing homes.

Cheltenham will not be going enviro at all; no new vehicles are on order for it and it won't be getting any enviros cascaded in either - what few there will be are already accounted for.

Schnellzug

Established Member
Well, those yellow Wright StreetLite things that have been trundling around after the Toooorch will be heading for Wales, I presume, as they've already got stagecoach Wales lettering on them.

fgwrich

Established Member
Well, those yellow Wright StreetLite things that have been trundling around after the Toooorch will be heading for Wales, I presume, as they've already got stagecoach Wales lettering on them.

Correct - All destinted for Stagecoach Crymu - all will be valleys based.

15841-59 for Gloucester, and yes they will have WiFi.

Stagecoach have no buses to reallocate after the Olympics; they're all on loan from their existing homes.

Cheltenham will not be going enviro at all; no new vehicles are on order for it and it won't be getting any enviros cascaded in either - what few there will be are already accounted for.

Basingstoke is - Fortunatly (YAY!!) - Loosing our new 61 plate Enviro darts for the olympics too, and possibly our 07 / 08 plate Enviro darts too...shame there coming back though! :-x

mbonwick

Established Member
The Scania E400s will be to Gold spec for Gloucester

Streetlites and some Solo SRs will be going to Merythr as has been said, to get a side-by-side comparison of the types.

317 forever

Established Member
It is also rumoured that new First double-deckers (presumably the Volvo B9TL-Geminis) will be despatched to Bolton, Oldham, Huddersfield and Halifax. Meanwhile the ex-London Tridents-ALX400 will go to Bristol.

MCW

It is also rumoured that new First double-deckers (presumably the Volvo B9TL-Geminis) will be despatched to Bolton, Oldham, Huddersfield and Halifax. Meanwhile the ex-London Tridents-ALX400 will go to Bristol.

Oh great no more buses for Leicester.... ours are knackered already.

Any Gen on Arriva midlands?

Skimble19

Established Member
Very long shot but have Arriva in Stevenage sent anything down? A lot of the newer stuff seems to have disappeared lately and the crates have been sent out..

Status
Not open for further replies.