• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus Fares - Go North East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closet2405

I was just looking up some bus times for Go North East and noticed that they now have a single/return fare calculator on their website whereby you select your route, start point and destination and are given the price.

This isn't some I've seen on any other operator (aside from the likes of TfL and Lothian, which are obviously much simpler) but it's a very welcome addition. Are there any other operators who do this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

plcd1

I was just looking up some bus times for Go North East and noticed that they now have a single/return fare calculator on their website whereby you select your route, start point and destination and are given the price.

This isn't some I've seen on any other operator (aside from the likes of TfL and Lothian, which are obviously much simpler) but it's a very welcome addition. Are there any other operators who do this?

When a separate operation Norfolk Green had a fares calculator. I always thought it was a very sensible idea.

If you plan a journey on the Stagecoach Bus website then it will give you the fares info for the journey you've planned. It will also show more expensive options like day tickets for the area in which the journey will take place.

It is possible, though I've not checked, that other Go Ahead subsidiaries may also provide a fares calculator as there has been a move to adopt a standard web template on all Go Ahead bus company sites. Unfortunately that has meant the loss of useful information on sites like Go North East.

Closet2405

The Stagecoach journey planner sounds quite useful, especially if you're just visiting an area and don't know the various ticket options available.

I did think other Go Ahead companies might have a similar feature, but a quick look at Salisbury Reds (part of Go South Coast) shows this not to be the case despite them using the standard corporate web template.

Status
Not open for further replies.